Phylos is an agricultural genomics company using modern molecular genetics and computational biology to power the next generation of hemp and cannabis. Phylos provides breeding and R&D services to global partners and offers a suite of genetic services and testing solutions. We are a new generation of plant scientists, transforming the hemp and cannabis industries with unparalleled data, technology, and expertise. Phylos is strategically positioned to provide cultivators with the tools to understand the breadth of genetics in their catalog, evaluate development of additional varieties, and drive business growth.
Phylos is seeking eager and dependable greenhouse technicians to help support the day-to-day operations of a large scale R&D cannabis cultivation environment. This role will help to ensure a reliable, safe, and high-quality product appropriate to experimental needs. The ideal candidate has some knowledge of the cannabis plant and its genetics. Candidates should display proactive behavior to the emerging industry and have strong attention to detail.
- Assist in daily tasks including cloning, seeding, transplanting, defoliation, topping, pollinations, proper waste disposal, and facility cleaning.
- Manage data collection for accuracy and ensure all tracking is compliant with government regulations.
- Complete all documentation to meet the company standards and OLCC requirements.
- Ensure compliance with company standards for cost control, waste reduction, quality, and safety.
- Capable of learning complicated processes surrounding Oregon laws regarding cannabis production and complex research-based trial protocols.
- Works both independently and collaboratively to support team and leadership in problem-solving.
- Contributes to the improvement of the Cultivation and R&D program.
- Degree in Horticulture or equivalent experience in a commercial plant and/or research environment.
- Knowledge of techniques associated with planting, growing and harvesting cannabis products for consumption (including storage/handling techniques).
- Moderate understanding of R&D principles.
- Possess excellent communication skills and is capable of multi-tasking, with minimal supervision
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time doing repetitive tasks.
- Knowledge of OLCC rules, regulations, and production requirements is a plus.
- Passion and ambition for excelling in a research environment focused on cannabis and hemp.
- Computer proficient.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Must have or be able to complete application for OLCC Workers Permit.
- Work is in both a greenhouse and field environment.
- Must be able to handle highlight, warm and dusty environments.
- Must be on-site a minimum of 5 days per week and weekends when needed.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift 50+ lbs.