We started Phil in 2015 with the simple conviction that patients and doctors deserve clarity around the delivery and substitution of prescription medications. In other words, we should not have to suffer through an inconvenient, stressful and archaic experience to ensure a consistent supply of needed medicine. As folks who take recurring prescriptions ourselves, we decided to do something about it: we started Phil.
We are the fastest growing healthcare startup in our space and scaling nationwide. We are a series B company projecting over $100M in prescription revenue by year-end and are an experienced team that has been scaling the business at 20x year over year. If you want to be a part of a team that is revolutionizing a legacy industry and bringing tech to where tech has yet to go, then read on!
We have the infrastructure built out to take our team to the next level, especially after closing a Series B round this winter! It's an exciting time to be a part of our company and you'll be learning and working alongside a highly passionate and motivated team. You'll be impressed with our track record, systematic approach & team culture!
The Head of Talent Acquisition will be the first to help build & lead our recruiting strategy to support our rapid growth. This leader will create and implement a plan to ensure Phil is an employer of choice that attracts top talent. This role will report directly into the CEO.
This leader has an opportunity to create & optimize the talent acquisition function and processes and enhance the overall candidate experience. S/he will be a strategic partner with the leadership team to ensure smart growth. S/he will create best in class candidate experience and will be responsible for building & attracting a diverse & inclusive pipeline of candidates that align with our company’s vision & core values.
This is a highly visible role in the company with significant interaction with the CEO and leadership team. You will partner will leadership to make strategic decisions, provide insights in the market & ensure headcount alignment. You will help lead growth among established teams but will also be instrumental in creating new roles & teams as we scale our humble, but mighty, team of less than 50.
You are an expert in employment laws as that pertains to recruiting as well as a general understanding of the HR function (with an understanding of the importance of confidentiality and discretion). You also have a demonstrated track record of successfully scaling startup companies (or experience in recruiting to startup candidates). You have led strategic, rapid growth and have a proven track record of implementing key initiatives.
- Be a Champion - convey Phil’s core values & be able to find that passion in others
- Leader - able to scale & manage the talent acquisition team & work with key stakeholders to ensure our hiring plan meets our business objectives
- Visionary - be an influencer supporting our company culture & lead long-term initiatives
- Relationship builder - strong interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain strong relationships with industry partners & internally at Phil
- Agile - capable of responding to change yet can stay focused on long-term goals
- Goal-oriented - design success metrics & deliver on KPIs helping to determine staffing needs & resource allocation - you will track, analyze & leverage key recruiting metrics and headcount reporting
What We're Looking For
- Talent acquisition experience with small, but fast-growing technology companies -- pharmaceutical or biotech is a bonus!
- 10+ years experience including significant recruiting & scaling teams
- Thrives in fast-paced environment with exceptional organization & communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to scale teams across various teams (sales, customer success, technical)
- Self-starter - Phil is growing fast and we need people with an entrepreneurial spirit. A "can do" attitude and ability to lead by persuasion are vital to the role
We have exceptional compensation and benefits package, including
- Highly competitive salary
- Equity in a fast-growing company
- Great health insurance, including medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Terrific location, our office is the financial district in San Francisco
- 10 days of PTO, plus 10 holidays per year