US healthcare costs continue to escalate, while patient outcomes continue to plummet. By pioneering a software platform that connects patients, pharmacies, doctors, insurers and manufacturers, Phil (www.phil.us
) is building a systemic solution for a systemic problem. Our software brings together key stakeholders within the specialty pharmacy ecosystem to ensure patients have reliable access to their medications at the lowest price possible. Our mission: better outcomes for everyone at the lowest cost to the system.
Founded in 2015, Phil works with over 36,000 prescribers nationwide, serving their patients in all 50 states. We are a Series B health-tech startup ($35M in raised capital) in hyper-growth mode: last year we increased our revenue 15x and tripled the size of our team. Ready to join our team of mission-driven, analytical, and passionate people?
About The Job:
We are looking for an exceptional Software Engineer to join our growing team and help build Phil’s platform which ensures an uninterrupted supply of medications for our customers. In addition you’ll ensure operational efficiency for our partner pharmacies and deliver an exceptional prescribing experience to our partner doctors.
- Design and implement a rule-based workflow engine which handles complex prescription management and processing logic
- Develop tools and algorithms to test and measure the performance
- Design, implement, test, and launch Phil's backend services and API platform
- Monitor and maintain Phil’s backend infrastructure
- Experience building and maintaining secure, end-to-end systems and services using any of the following languages: Go, C/C++, and Java
- Understanding of REST principles and micro-services architecture
- Deep understanding of algorithms and efficient data structures
- Working knowledge of logging, monitoring and alerting systems such as Prometheus, Grafana, Kibana etc
- Experience with AWS platform, Kubernetes, Jenkins, CI/CD, and MongoDB is a plus
- Ground floor opportunity with one of the fastest growing startups in health-tech
- Solve a problem that matters: be part of a company that uniquely leverages technology to bring wellness to all of its stakeholders
- Competitive compensation (commensurate with experience) including meaningful stock options
- Full benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) contribution opportunity