Founded in 2015, Phil is a San Francisco-based Series C health-tech startup, pioneering a software platform connecting all the key stakeholders in the specialty Pharma ecosystem (patients, pharmacies, doctors, insurers and manufacturers). By solving a systemic problem with a holistic solution that engages all stakeholders, the Phil Platform delivers better outcomes while lowering systemic costs.
Ready to join our team of mission-driven, analytical, and passionate people?
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL and Counsel, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting, and Revenue Recognition
- Responsible for month-end close and supporting finance department in creating timely financial statements
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Work cross-functionally with business leaders to align financial and company objectives
- Scale the accounting function to meet the needs of the business, eventually build a team to support growth
What we’re looking for
- 5+ years experience as an Accountant
- Thorough knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Familiarity with financial accounting statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Hands-on experience with accounting software packages, like FreshBooks and QuickBooks including system implementation experience
- Previous people management or lead experience
- CPA or CMA preferred
- Ground floor opportunity with one of the fastest-growing startups in health-tech
- Solve a problem that matters: be part of a company that uniquely leverages technology to bring wellness to all of its stakeholders
- Work in a highly collaborative environment with other creative, mission-driven folks!
- Competitive compensation (commensurate with experience)
- Full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- 401(k) contribution opportunity