US healthcare costs continue to escalate while patient outcomes continue to plummet. By pioneering a software platform that connects patients, pharmacies, doctors, insurers, and manufacturers, Phil (www.phil.us
) is building a systemic solution for a systemic problem. Our software brings together the key stakeholders within the specialty pharmacy ecosystem to provide patients with reliable access to medications at the lowest price possible. Our mission: better outcomes for everyone at lower costs.
Founded in 2015, Phil works with over 36,000 doctors nationwide, serving their patients in all 50 states. We are a Series B health-tech startup ($35M in raised capital) in hyper-growth mode: last year we increased our revenue 15x and tripled the size of our team. Ready to join our team of mission-driven, analytical, and passionate people?
We are looking for our first analytics hire - an Analytics Lead to build our capabilities. We strive to be data-driven in all our decisions, which means we need visibility into the key drivers of our business across Sales, Product, Operations (Supply and Demand), and more. We use metrics to ensure an uninterrupted supply of medications for our patients, operational efficiency for our partner pharmacies, and an exceptional prescribing experience to our partner doctors. From day one, you will get to solve interesting problems and build for scale. If you are passionate about leading teams, making data-driven decisions, and tracking progress we want to hear from you!
- Work with business stakeholders to improve our self-serve data model
- Manage and own our data platform (Looker and Mode)
- Start as an individual contributor, but quickly assess the situation and recommend new hires for the Analytics Team you will lead
- Build automated dashboards and reports to drive awareness and understanding of key metrics and processes
- Work closely with the Engineering team to ensure we capture all the necessary data in the proper format
- Experience with business intelligence technologies and strong understanding of database architecture
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Fluency in SQL and other programming languages. Some development experience in at least one scripting language (PHP, Python, Perl, R, etc.)
- Strong background in statistics with the ability to explain analytical methodologies simply and thoroughly
- A sense of ownership: you would develop, manage, and evolve the core logic of a mission-critical and consequential consumer experience
- A technical or engineering background (e.g. BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Stats, or related technical field)
- 5 - 7 years of work experience in an Analytics or Technical role
- Previous managerial experience
- Experience working with Looker is a plus
- Startup mindset and the ability to operate within a fast-paced work environment
- Ground floor opportunity with one of the fastest-growing startups in health-tech
- Solve a problem that matters: be part of a company that uniquely leverages technology to bring wellness to all of its stakeholders
- Work in a highly collaborative environment with other creative, mission-driven folks!
- Competitive compensation (commensurate with experience)
- Full benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) contribution opportunity