We started Phil with the simple conviction that the medications we take should improve our sense of wellbeing. In other words, we should not have to suffer through an inconvenient, stressful and archaic experience to ensure a consistent supply of our medications. As folks who take recurring prescriptions ourselves, we decided to do something about it: we started Phil.
Perhaps as important to our individual wellbeing is the need for community wellbeing; which is why Phil partners with top-rated, locally-owned, community pharmacies who pride themselves in caring for their customers. We are simply honored to help you with this essential part of your wellbeing - please do reach out and tell us how we can get better at it.
The Patient Advocate team is responsible for the success of each and every patient that touches Phil's platform. Each individual on the team is an expert in Phil's service and platform, and relentlessly pursues process and product changes which ensure a pristine patient experience as our business grows. The team's charter involves a blend of frontline customer support and back-house support operations, requiring successful partnerships with internal teams, like pharmacy and sales, as well as external teams, like prescribers, dispensing pharmacies, and insurance companies.
Patient Advocates are responsible for the success of each and every prescription as it moves through our system, from prescriber to refill.
Some of their daily responsibilities include:
- Resolving inbound patient requests over phone, text, and email
- Partnering with internal and external operational teams to make prescriptions successful
- Assisting patients and providing best practices to support their success on Phil's platform
- Proactively monitoring prescriptions to ensure the speedy and successful delivery to each and every patient
Phil is looking for an experienced people manager and problem solver to take our team to the next level in San Francisco.
As a Patient Advocate Lead, you will:
- Serve Advocates in their mission to make patients successful. Lead by asking the right questions and seeking to understand. Approach work from a place of trust and act as a champion for positive intent.
- Understand, groom, develop and coach behaviors that drive our business and individual growth. Own employee engagement and its connection with patient experience.
- Work effectively in collaboration and individually. Partner with advocates and internal teams to build and refine best practices, and drive process excellence.
- Deliver best in class experience to Phil’s patients, doctors, and pharmacies through a focus on service level metrics, trend analysis, and patient feedback. Help solve the big problems needed to define the playbook for support operations within our business.
- Passion for helping people and technology in healthcare
- 3-4 years of experience in frontline customer service roles
- 1-2 years of experience directly managing customer service agents
- Bachelor’s or equivalent work experience
- Start up experience is a plus!
We have exceptional compensation and benefits package, including:
- Highly competitive salary
- Large equity grant at fast growing, VC-funded company
- Great health insurance, including medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Beautiful office, just off Union Square in San Francisco
- 10 days of PTO, plus 10 holidays per year
We operate 365 days, between 6am-6pm PST on weekdays and 9am-5pm PST on weekends. This is a full-time, salary role where weekend and holiday availability is required.