A Unique Opportunity
Come join our rapidly growing medical sales team that is disrupting the way therapies are ultimately delivered to the patients who need them! We are leveraging our technology platform to simplify the way medicines reach patients – creating a better experience not just for patients, but also for the medical professionals who care for them. This is a rare and unique opportunity to join a quickly growing San Francisco-based startup company with a great team and culture. We are looking for a purpose-driven sales leader who wants to join us on this exciting ride as we build something truly unique for patients and providers.
About the Position
The East Area Director of Sales will play a critical role in creating and leading a people first, results-oriented team. This is the rare chance to join a medical technology startup company at the ground floor with the responsibility of building an entire sales team across the country. Opportunities like this do not come often and Phil is looking for the right leader to take this on! We need a passionate, gritty, hard-working sales leader who is eager to reshape the way therapies ultimately reach the patients who need them.
This individual will be responsible for leading a team of 12-16 SAMs (Strategic Account Managers) across the country who are tasked with growing our customer base of physician and physician practices using the Phil platform and service(s). Currently, the SAM team calls on HCP specialty practices (dermatology, women’s health, ophthalmology, etc) educating them on Phil’s unique value proposition and how to implement them in their respective practices. The goal is to drive HCP practice utilization of Phil’s platform to reach more and more patients across each prescriber's office.
- Meet and exceed quarterly and annually assigned national sales goals and objectives
- Actively recruit, hire, train and onboard new strategic account managers (SAMs) into the organization
- Work directly with SAMs in the field on a weekly basis providing the coaching, strategy and business direction needed to drive performance (travel required)
- Create and implement regional and territory sales strategies that align with the goals and objectives of the US commercial team
- Directly responsible for the performance management and field coaching of all strategic account managers
- Work closely with the VP of Commercialization to build an inclusive, results-oriented culture that’s motivated to accelerate the adoption of Phil’s platform in the marketplace
- Continuously assess and validate customer experience and needs by engaging with key accounts and account managers
- Work closely with senior leadership and product managers to communicate the evolving needs of our customers and end users
- Directly engage with key opinion leaders and accounts to drive the adoption of Phil
- Personally, engage in the onboarding of all new hires to ensure that all incoming sales managers are appropriately trained and prepared to drive Phil’s platform in the market
- 2 years medical sales experience (pharmaceutical, device, DME)
- 3 years sales management (medical)
- Documented consistent achievement of quarterly and annual sales goals
- Ability to travel 50%-75% of the time (overnight)
- Lives near a major airport hub:
- Atlanta, Orlando, Detroit
- Significant experience working for or with specialty pharmacies.
- Prior DME / specialty pharmacy sales background
- Specialty pharmaceuticals sales (derm, neuro, women’s health)
- Experience dealing with prior authorizations
- Complex payer environments | managed care
- Multi-stakeholder selling environments • Process-oriented sales
- Bachelor’s Degree
- B2B experience
- Ground floor opportunity with one of the fastest growing startups in health-tech
- Solve a problem that matters: be part of a company that uniquely leverages technology to bring wellness to all of its stakeholders
- Work in a highly collaborative environment with other creative, mission-driven folks!
- Competitive compensation (commensurate with experience)
- Full benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Competitive monthly car allowance
- 401(k) contribution opportunity
US healthcare costs continue to escalate, while patient outcomes continue to plummet. By pioneering a software platform that connects patients, pharmacies, doctors, insurers, and manufacturers, Phil (www.phil.us) is building a systemic solution for a systemic problem. Our software brings together key stakeholders within the specialty pharmacy ecosystem to provide patients with reliable access to medications at the lowest price possible. Our mission: better outcomes for everyone at lower costs to the system.
Founded in 2015, Phil works with over 36,000 prescribers nationwide, serving their patients in all 50 states. We are a San Francisco-based Series B health-tech startup ($35M in raised capital)
in hyper-growth mode: last year we increased our revenue 15x and tripled the size of our team. Ready to join our team of mission-driven, analytical, and passionate people?