Phil is a post series-B health-tech startup in hyper-growth mode. We are building an end-to-end supply-chain solution for the $400B high-value pharmaceuticals market. We grew revenue 15x in 2018 and are looking forward to welcoming a driven, talented, and exceptional Senior Platform Engineer to join the expanding team and help build and scale our systems and services.
The specialty prescription market is beset with high costs and inefficiency, leading to low patient adherence and treatment failures. Phil aims for resolving the issues by connecting patients, pharmacies, prescribers, and manufacturers through its technology platform and end-to-end services. The road ahead is filled with exciting design challenges that need someone as talented as you to make the Phil platform simple, efficient, and inventive.
We are looking for an exceptional Software Engineer to join our growing team and help build our backend workflow engine/platform that ensures an uninterrupted supply of medications for our customers, operational efficiency for our partner pharmacies/operations and delivers an exceptional prescribing experience to our partner doctors. Solve and build problems for scale.
- Design and implement a rule-based workflow engine that handles complex prescription management and processing logic
- Develop tools and algorithms to test and measure the performance of the workflow engine
- Design, implement, test, and launch Phil's backend services and API platform
- Monitor and maintain Phil’s backend infrastructure
- Deliver performant, reliable, scalable, and secure code
- Experience building complex business logic processing, and or workflow management systems
- Experience building and maintaining secure, end-to-end systems and services using any of the following languages: Java, Ruby, Go
- Understanding of REST principles, micro-services architecture and ability to discuss benefits and drawbacks of various patterns and architectures
- Deep understanding of algorithms and efficient data structures
- Working knowledge of monitoring and alerting systems such as Nagios, Graphite, Logstash
- Hands-on experience with AWS platform, CI/CD, and MongoDB
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- A sense of ownership: you would develop, manage, and evolve the core logic of a mission-critical and consequential consumer experience
- Ground floor opportunity with one of the fastest growing startups in health-
- Competitive salary + meaningful equity
- Health/dental/vision insurance, 401k
- Relocation Assistance
- Centrally located office: convenient location in downtown SF’s Financial
District near Market - close to BART, MUNI, and Caltrain
- Work in a highly collaborative environment with creative, mission-driven