US healthcare costs continue to escalate, while patient outcomes continue to plummet. By pioneering a software platform that connects patients, pharmacies, doctors, insurers and manufacturers, Phil (www.phil.us
) is building a systemic solution for a systemic problem. Our software brings together key stakeholders within the specialty pharmacy ecosystem to ensure patients have reliable access to their medications at the lowest price possible. Our mission: better outcomes for everyone at the lowest cost to the system.
Founded in 2015, Phil works with over 36,000 prescribers nationwide, serving their patients in all 50 states. We are a Series B health-tech startup ($35M in raised capital) in hyper-growth mode: last year we increased our revenue 15x and tripled the size of our team. Ready to join our team of mission-driven, analytical, and passionate people?
We are looking for an exceptional Software Engineer to join our growing team and help build our backend workflow engine/platform that ensures an uninterrupted supply of medications for our customers, operational efficiency for our partner pharmacies/operations and delivers an exceptional prescribing experience to our partner doctors. Solve and build problems for scale.
- Design and implement a rule-based workflow engine that handles complex prescription management and processing logic
- Develop tools and algorithms to test and measure the performance of the workflow engine
- Design, implement, test, and launch Phil's backend services and API platform
- Monitor and maintain Phil’s backend infrastructure
- Deliver performant, reliable, scalable, and secure code
- Experience building complex business logic processing, and or workflow management systems
- Experience building and maintaining secure, end-to-end systems and services using any of the following languages: Go, C/C++, and Java
- Understanding of REST principles, micro-services architecture and ability to discuss benefits and drawbacks of various patterns and architectures
- Deep understanding of algorithms and efficient data structures
- Working knowledge of logging, monitoring and alerting systems such as Prometheus, Grafana, Kibana etc
- Experience with AWS platform, Kubernetes, Jenkins, CI/CD, and MongoDB is a plus
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- A sense of ownership: you would develop, manage, and evolve the core logic of a mission-critical and consequential consumer experience
- Ground floor opportunity with one of the fastest growing startups in health-tech
- Solve a problem that matters: be part of a company that uniquely leverages technology to bring wellness to all of its stakeholders
- Competitive compensation (commensurate with experience) including meaningful stock options
- Full benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) contribution opportunity