You are an experienced UI Designer. You're passionate about using design to solve real problems in an elegant way. Your mission is to work closely with users, engineers, and business stakeholders to conceive and execute designs that work.
This is a contract-to-full-time position. We’re looking for a skilled designer who wants to work in a uniquely agile environment with clients from a diverse range of industries.
Freelancers/contractors are welcome to apply.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL
- Collaborate closely with other disciplines in a lean, agile process
- Conduct user and competitive research
- Prepare and lead collaborative design workshops and client presentations
- Create design prototypes at appropriate levels of fidelity
- Conduct usability tests to validate your design ideas
- Help implement designs
WE’D LOVE YOU TO BRING
- Comfort in a fast-paced environment
- Strong knowledge of user experience and user interface conventions and principles
- Excellent visual, verbal, and written communication skills
- Experience with or strong desire to learn front-end development
- Comfort leading meetings and facilitating design discussions and exercises
- Strong desire to quickly externalize and test your designs
- Interest in working through the full design stack (research through implementation)
- A sense of humor; because, in the end, working here is fun!
A LITTLE ABOUT THE TEAM
At Philosophie, we love making things. We are a diverse team of designers, engineers, and product strategists. With different backgrounds and skillsets, we come together to make useful technology. Our clients (Fortune 500 to startups) come to us with early stage product ideas; and we prototype those ideas to life. Teams make decisions collaboratively and lead clients to successful outcome. We’ve been around for almost a decade, but we still apply a startup mentality to everything we do. We work out of our beautiful, creatively inspired offices in Los Angeles and New York.
Our people describe our culture as caring, collaborative, experimental, and ethical. We are proud to have received Inc.'s Best Workplaces award, the Healthy Mothers' Workplace award, and twice recognized in Inc.'s 5000 Fastest Growing Companies.
LAST, BUT NOT LEAST
At Philosophie, we believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas lead to better products. We've designed our company to be responsive to employees: good ideas are heard and easy to execute on. We champion people of different backgrounds and perspectives. We do not discriminate; we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive work environment. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories.