You are a Full Stack Designer. You delight in designing meaningful, beautiful products. You aspire to collaborate with a team/client to transform an idea to a well-conceived design.
This is an exciting time for Philosophie. We’re helping world-class enterprises and start-ups effectively use new technologies. We have both full-time and short-term opportunities available.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL
- Mentor other designers, conduct design reviews
- Prepare and lead collaborative design workshops
- Conduct user and competitive research
- Create design prototypes at appropriate levels of fidelity
- Conduct usability tests
- Implement designs (basic HTML/CSS)
- Interact directly with the client
- Collaborate closely with other team members (engineering, product, client, etc.)
- Actively participate in an agile design process, including contributing to story creation, daily standups, etc.
- Actively participate in a lean product development process (influenced by Lean Startup, Lean UX, etc), including bringing the design perspective to engineering activities
WE’D LOVE YOU TO BRING
- Strong knowledge of user interface conventions and principles
- Experience leading and mentoring designers
- Excellent visual, verbal, and written communication skills
- Basic HTML/CSS skills
- Comfort leading meetings and facilitating design discussions and exercises
- Strong desire to quickly externalize and test your designs
- Interest in owning the full design stack (research through implementation)
- Strong process orientation
- A sense of humor; because, in the end, working here should be fun
- Comfort in a fast-paced environment
A LITTLE ABOUT THE TEAM
At Philosophie, we love making things. We are a diverse team of designers, engineers, and product strategists. With different backgrounds and skillsets, we come together to make useful technology. Our clients (Fortune 500 to startups) come to us with early stage product ideas; and we prototype those ideas to life. Teams make decisions collaboratively and lead clients to successful outcome. We’ve been around for almost a decade, but we still apply a startup mentality to everything we do. We work out of our beautiful, creatively inspired offices in Los Angeles and New York.
Our people describe our culture as caring, collaborative, experimental, and ethical. We are proud to have received Inc.'s Best Workplaces award, the Healthy Mothers' Workplace award, and twice recognized in Inc.'s 5000 Fastest Growing Companies.
LAST, BUT NOT LEAST
At Philosophie, we believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas lead to better products. We've designed our company to be responsive to employees: good ideas are heard and easy to execute on. We champion people of different backgrounds and perspectives. We do not discriminate; we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive work environment. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories.
Explore our values here