ABOUT THE PROJECT
We're entering a new project-phase with one of our favorite client partners and we're looking for senior engineers to join us. For this project, you'll be working with a talented cross-functional team to incubate a product idea in the pet space. We're also looking for someone comfortable with React, Angular, Vue and NODE. This is a collaborative project where your expertise will be valued and relied upon. We're excited about this project (the team is a blast) and hope you will be too.
We're looking for someone who is available for 8 weeks, full-time, beginning April 8 , 2019. Applicants must be available to work on-site in Manhattan.
Please share your Linkedin or a resume and your portfolio.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL
- Deliver high-quality work
- Interpret and implement design and customer requirements
- Interact directly with the client
- Collaborate closely with nontechnical team members (design, product, client, etc.)
- Participate in code review
- Determine and implement appropriate automated testing solutions given the constraints of a project
- Actively participate in an agile development process, including contributing to story creation, estimation, daily standups, etc.
- Actively participate in a lean product development process (influenced by Lean Startup, Lean UX, etc), including bringing the engineering perspective to design activities
WE’D LOVE YOU TO BRING
- Relevant software engineering experience - production-level code at various fidelities required by business needs
- Proven skills in creating and executing plans both for themselves and for the broader engineering team
- Strong communication skills - professional experience in working closely with the business die of the company, users, stakeholders, etc. to ensure alignment between development efforts and the rest of the company
- Experience working on a team
- Flexibility with tools and tech stack (we work with modern technologies and provide on-the-job training)
- A sense of humor; because, in the end, working here should be fun
- A high comfort-level in a fast-paced environment
A LITTLE ABOUT THE TEAM
At Philosophie, we love making things. We are a diverse team of designers, engineers, and product strategists. With different backgrounds and skillsets, we come together to make useful technology. Our clients (Fortune 500 to startups) come to us with early stage product ideas; and we prototype those ideas to life. Teams make decisions collaboratively and lead clients to successful outcome. We’ve been around for almost a decade, but we still apply a startup mentality to everything we do. We work out of our beautiful, creatively inspired offices in Los Angeles and New York.
Our people describe our culture as caring, collaborative, experimental, and ethical. We are proud to have received Inc.'s Best Workplaces award, the Healthy Mothers' Workplace award, and twice recognized in Inc.'s 5000 Fastest Growing Companies.
LAST, BUT NOT LEAST
At Philosophie, we believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas lead to better products. We've designed our company to be responsive to employees: good ideas are heard and easy to execute on. We champion people of different backgrounds and perspectives. We do not discriminate; we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive work environment. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories.
Explore our values here