You are a seasoned technologist who enjoys tackling novel technical problems and applying technology to new ideas. You prefer an environment where you can focus on contributing as an engineer, but can also provide mentorship and guidance to others.
You’ve worked in a variety of environments, but you’re drawn to consulting because of the fast pace, variety, and ability to experiment with different technologies. You enjoy learning new topics and pushing yourself to new heights.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL
- Serve as a “client CTO” on a variety of projects, leading engineering and setting the project up for success
- Meaningfully contribute solutions, generally in the form of code but also through diagrams, presentations, white-boarding, and documentation
- Mentor team members through pair programming, code reviews, and other forms of thought leadership; help teammates navigate difficult work-related and client-related challenges
- Unify a team of individual contributors; build a supportive environment that engenders positivity, trust, and camaraderie
- Help recruit top talent to join the team
- Help scope and plan projects in the sales phase or before new engagements start
- Celebrate and share the great work that we do at Philosophie
WE’D LOVE YOU TO BRING
- Superior engineering, communication, and leadership skills
- Deep understanding of and experience in agile environments
- Ability to “fill in the blanks” and make progress even when requirements are ambiguous
- A broad toolkit of methods and the pragmatism to use them wisely
- History of shipping products that have been used in the wild
- Demonstrated willingness to experiment with new technologies and processes to continuously improve the engineering craft at Philosophie
- Ability to understand and address your team and client’s emotional needs
- Experience in leadership
- Humor; because, in the end, working here is fun!
A LITTLE ABOUT THE TEAM
At Philosophie, we love making things. We are a diverse team of designers, engineers, and product strategists. With different backgrounds and skillsets, we come together to make useful technology. Our clients (Fortune 500 to startups) come to us with early stage product ideas; and we prototype those ideas to life. Teams make decisions collaboratively and lead clients to successful outcome. We’ve been around for almost a decade, but we still apply a startup mentality to everything we do. We work out of our beautiful, creatively inspired offices in Los Angeles and New York.
Our people describe our culture as caring, collaborative, experimental, and ethical. We are proud to have received Inc.'s Best Workplaces award, the Healthy Mothers' Workplace award, and twice recognized in Inc.'s 5000 Fastest Growing Companies.
LAST, BUT NOT LEAST
At Philosophie, we believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas lead to better products. We've designed our company to be responsive to employees: good ideas are heard and easy to execute on. We welcome people of different backgrounds and perspectives. We do not discriminate; we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive work environment. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories.
Explore our values here