You are an experienced Product Designer (UI/front-end). You're passionate about designing meaningful, beautiful products. Your mission is to lead your project team (including the client) through the user-centered design process, balancing user needs with business requirements and ultimately execute on a well-conceived design. Freelancers/contractors are welcome to apply.
First and foremost, we are makers. We are a team of designers, engineers, and product strategists who care deeply about creating meaningful things. After 8 years and more than 250 projects launched, we know how to get the job done.
As a digital innovation firm with offices in San Francisco, Seattle, Los Angeles, and New York City, we help organizations and entrepreneurs validate and develop their promising ideas through agile design, rapid prototyping, and software craftsmanship. Whether it’s to reduce costs, explore emerging markets, or improve the customer experience, we apply a startup mentality and toolset to deliver meaningful progress faster than our clients think is possible.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Prepare and lead collaborative design workshops
- Conduct user and competitive research
- Create design prototypes at appropriate levels of fidelity
- Conduct usability tests
- Implement designs (basic HTML/CSS)
PLEASE DEMONSTRATE YOUR
- Strong knowledge of user interface conventions and principles
- Excellent visual, verbal, and written communication skills
- Basic HTML/CSS skills
- Comfortable leading meetings and facilitating design discussions and exercises
- Strong desire to quickly externalize and test your designs
- Interest in owning the full design stack (research through implementation)
- Strong process orientation
- Ability to prototype with code
- Visual/graphic design skills
- Comfortable writing production-quality markup alongside engineers
- Experience working with agile teams
At Philosophie, we believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas lead to better products. We've designed our company to be responsive to employees: good ideas are heard and easy to execute on. We welcome people of different backgrounds and perspectives. We do not discriminate; we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive work environment. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories.
Check us out: