You are a senior-level Product Designer (UI/UX). You enjoy transforming ideas into meaningful, beautiful products. Your approach is deeply collaborative and you derive satisfaction from advising clients and leading project teams.
This is an exciting time for Philosophie. We’re helping world-class enterprises and start-ups solve problems with new technologies. We have full-time and contract roles available.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL
- Prepare and lead collaborative design workshops
- Conduct user and competitive research
- Create design prototypes at appropriate levels of fidelity
- Conduct usability tests
- Interact directly with the client
- Collaborate closely with other team members (engineering, product, client, etc.)
- Actively participate in an agile design process, including contributing to story creation, daily standups, etc.
- Actively participate in a lean product development process (influenced by Lean Startup, Lean UX, etc), including bringing the design perspective to engineering activities
WE’D LOVE YOU TO BRING
- Strong knowledge of user experience and user interface conventions and principles
- Excellent visual, verbal, and written communication skills
- Basic HTML/CSS skills (or an interest in learning on the job)
- Comfort leading meetings and facilitating design discussions and exercises
- Strong desire to quickly externalize and test your designs
- Interest in owning the full design stack (research through implementation)
- Strong process orientation
- A sense of humor; because, in the end, working here should be fun
- Comfort in a fast-paced environment
A LITTLE ABOUT THE TEAM
“My only wish is that I had the opportunity to work at Philosophie earlier in my career. At Philosophie, you gain real experience building products. This, on top of the mentorship and thought-leadership here, deeply prepares us to be innovative in our own lives and careers.”
—Product Strategist, LA
At Philosophie, we love making things. We are a diverse team of designers, engineers, and product strategists. With different backgrounds and skill-sets, we come together to make meaningful technology. Our clients (Fortune 500 to startups) come to us with innovative digital product ideas; and we bring those ideas to life. We believe in agile design, rapid prototyping, and software craftsmanship. The team is trusted to make decisions collaboratively and lead the client to a successful outcome. We’ve been around for almost a decade, but we still apply a startup mentality to everything we do. We work out of our beautiful, creatively inspired offices in Los Angeles and New York. Our culture is deeply collaborative, empowering, kind, and ethical.
LAST, BUT NOT LEAST
At Philosophie, we believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas lead to better products. We've designed our company to be responsive to employees: good ideas are heard and easy to execute on. We champion people of different backgrounds and perspectives. We do not discriminate; we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive work environment. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories.
Explore our values here