Founded in 2017, Phantom Auto is the only company in the world capable of remotely driving vehicles from thousands of miles away. Our teleoperation software is the missing piece in making autonomous vehicles a reality.
At Phantom, every day is a unique adventure as we work with leading autonomous vehicle companies, and some of the largest logistics companies in the world. Because we collaborate with companies throughout the world, we have the opportunity to develop on many unique vehicles.
If you are determined to take on the world's most complex challenges and help build an industry-defining company, this is the opportunity for you.
As the Head of Operations, you will develop strategic long-term infrastructure for Phantom’s fleet operations, testing, deployments, and business operations. You will be responsible for driving efficiency, enabling rapid scaling, and improving communication both laterally and vertically. Areas of focus will include on-boarding, training, project management, asset management, hiring, workforce management, testing management, and fleet support.
- Communicate and align a rapidly growing, distributed team.
- Design and manage testing and fleet operations, including hardware sourcing and asset management, vehicle testing, and fleet data collection and maintenance
- Drive internal initiatives to increase replicability and scalability of deployments
- Support and inform our long-term business roadmap by maintaining consistent, data-driven visibility into risks, opportunities, and key dependencies
- Lead internal initiatives to improve efficiency across all operational procedures
- Develop and document internal operational processes and ensure standardized compliance
- Maintain accurate and actionable benchmarking to inform decision making
- Pre-sale engagement scoping
- Work alongside the business team to understand customer needs and priority
- Ensure customer deployment success by aligning resource availability with objectives
- Post-sale project management
- Orchestrating internal coordination and execution
- Empower project managers by implementing tools and processes to increase their leverage
- Implement customer launch and support processes that fit each unique deployment, while aiming for consistent and replicable processes from the start
- Align vendors to company initiatives and strategy
- Create business cases for in-sourcing/out-sourcing aspects of deployment and technical infrastructure for various customer types
- Develop relationships with suppliers and preferred vendors
- Minimum 3 years of project management experience, ideally on cross-functional external-facing projects in robotics and/or autonomous vehicles
- Expertise with a variety of project management tools & processes
- Solid understanding of autonomous vehicle technology, fleet maintenance best practices, and autonomous vehicle software development and testing
- Comfort and confidence in written and verbal communication with a variety of stakeholders, from technicians to CEOs
- Great time management skills, with the ability to shift priorities and communicate updates cross-functionally