Founded in 2017, Phantom Auto is the only private company capable of remotely driving vehicles from hundreds of miles away. Our teleoperation safety solution is the missing piece in making autonomous vehicles a reality.
At Phantom, every day is a unique adventure as we work with the world’s leading autonomous vehicle companies. Because we work with companies all around the world, we have the unique opportunity to work with many incredible vehicles.
If you are determined to take on the world’s most complex challenges and help build an industry-defining company, this is the opportunity for you.
As a Vehicle Platform Technician, you will support and manage the hardware necessary for the configuration, building, deploying, and testing of our vehicle fleet. This position requires deep understanding of electrical and mechanical subsystems, and the ability to self-manage multiple projects in parallel. You will support the team with all hardware projects, including but not limited to, fabrication, sourcing, maintenance, and repair.
- Oversee maintenance and repair of our fleet of vehicles
- Wiring computer sensors, network equipment, and autonomous vehicle sensors
- Assist in all mechanical engineering design work as needed, such as camera housing prototyping or vehicle system mountings
- Collaborate with product and engineering to improve the performance of our technology
- Assist with sensor calibrations, firmware/software upgrades
- Develop test cases to validate hardware
- Interface directly with customers
- Provide feedback to improve our processes and tools
- Rapid prototyping, fabrication, and machining
- Track inventory and PLM of components
- Life-cycle analysis
- Maintain documentation and maintenance processes for all hardware platforms
- Deep understanding of automotive electronics, HVAC, and mechanical systems
- Knowledge of modern automotive systems and diagnostic procedures
- Ability to work well under pressure and adapt to changing priorities/schedules
- Technical certification from an accredited automotive training institution
- Experience running and debugging terminal commands (Linux, Python, Bash)
- Equipped with own hand and power tools
- Strong CAD skills
- High voltage training
- Robotics experience