Founded in 2017, Phantom Auto is the only company capable of remotely driving vehicles from hundreds of miles away. Our teleoperation safety solution is the missing piece in making autonomous vehicles a reality.
We are an energetic and passionate team on a mission to build the future of driving.
At Phantom, every day is a unique adventure. As an early team member, you will be instrumental in defining the foundations of our product and culture. If you are determined to take on the world's most complex challenges and help build an industry-defining company, this is the opportunity for you.
As a Data Scientist, you will be playing a key part in making essential product, engineering and operational decisions by building models and applying analysis techniques to the extensive amounts of telemetry and logs.
Once you join, you will be:
- Defining methodology for monitoring critical aspects of the product performance.
- Partnering closely with Operations and Engineering to help day-to-day debugging and decision making based on data analysis.
- Developing methodologies and processes for conducting software and hardware tests.
- Educating the team and nourishing the culture of making decisions based on observed evidence.
- Building models for forecasting and control optimizations
- You can comprehend sophisticated questions in various engineering domains and effectively use mathematical modeling and statistical analysis to answer them.
- You know how to pick the right tool for the problem and how to make reasonable assumptions for your method.
- You can effectively communicate the problem, analysis method and the results in verbal or written form to any audience ranging from technicians to senior engineers to business executives.
- You are great at and enjoy learning and educating others.
- You flourish in fast-paced environment where infrastructure and processes are yet to be established.
- You take full ownership of the tasks and have a track record of executing large projects end-to-end.
Preferred Skills & Qualifications
- Solid knowledge of applied Mathematics & Statistics
- Proficiency in statistical software: e.g. R, Python, Matlab
- Good coding skills to build robust processing scripts and pipelines
- Experience in applied machine learning
- Fluency in SQL and familiarity with databases
- Experience working with large time-series & geospatial datasets