Founded in 2017, Phantom Auto is the only company capable of remotely driving vehicles from hundreds of miles away. Our teleoperation safety solution is the missing piece in making autonomous vehicles a reality.
We are an energetic and passionate team on a mission to build the future of driving.
At Phantom, every day is a unique adventure as we work with the world's leading autonomous vehicle companies. Because we collaborate with companies throughout the world, we have the opportunity to develop on many unique vehicles.
As an early team member, you will be instrumental in defining the foundations of our product and culture.
If you are determined to take on the world's most complex challenges and help build an industry-defining company, this is the opportunity for you.
As a Full-Stack Software Engineer, you will responsible for architecting, designing, and implementing teleoperation software for remotely driving vehicles. You will be involved with every layer of the technology, including the vehicle-side control system, the server-side communication software, the client-side remote driving application, and the internal tools that make it all a reality.
- Build components of a distributed system that enables safe teleoperation of vehicles
- Own feature implementation end-to-end from technical design to development, testing and release
- Build & maintain various desktop, embedded and server-side applications
- Improve productivity of the team by contributing to debugging, automation and data tools and pipelines
- Proficiency with C/C++
- Proven distributed systems development track record
- Experience optimizing for speed and scalability
- A user-centric mentality for building products
- Strong Linux background
Higher education degrees are not required. We value individuals who are excited to build and deliver, even if they do not have traditional educational backgrounds.
- Experience in developing highly robust, safety-centered applications in the fields such as automotive, medical, military, aerospace etc.
- Background in networking and real-time communication
- Knowledge of video encoding techniques
- Computer Vision