Letter from PFCS President, Pete Fowler:
We are looking for a Technical Consultant to perform analytical work that conforms to PFCS’ high standards. The perfect candidate is an experienced professional with extensive construction knowledge, comfortable with technology and can collaborate with team members. This person has incredible attention to detail and high standards that match those of PFCS. He/she is sharp, hardworking, naturally organized, and a great communicator.
Pete Fowler Construction Services is dedicated to delivering solutions to our clients and becoming a world-class consultancy in our field. We care about one another and thrive on the glory of doing awesome work.
At PFCS, you’ll experience an amazing, team-oriented environment that provides people with the tools and opportunities to realize their professional growth goals. If you are looking for a long-term relationship and wish to become a part of our team, let’s talk.
About Pete Fowler Construction Services (PFCS)
At PFCS, our mission is delivering solutions to those who own or work in the business of buildings. This means helping clients make smart, informed decisions about buildings and property. We evaluate physical performance of building projects, write reports, specify and estimate the costs of maintenance and repairs, contract and manage construction, and verify quality.
We are often called upon to consult and testify in property related claims and litigation. We have a worldclass proprietary technology system to collect, organize, structure, share and store documents and building information forever.
Our clients include property owners and managers, developers and contractors, product manufacturers and suppliers, insurers and lawyers. Every year we work on projects as widely varying as single-family residences, multi-family projects, mixed-use developments and commercial, institutional, industrial, lowrise, mid-rise and high-rise construction.
LIVE THE PFCS VALUES
PFCS team members strive to live our core values every day. We live, breathe, and believe in our core tenants. They are the foundations of our company. Every decision we make aligns with our values and supports the company’s mission of delivering solutions. Our core values are:
Act with Integrity: We are an ethical company, all obliged and empowered to behave toward each other in a moral, ethical, respectable way. We face challenges and make the hard decisions with an unwavering moral compass.
Solve the Problem: We balance quality, cost, and time to drive results. We are decisive and use professional judgment by transforming data into information, information to empowerment, and empowerment to decisions.
Do Awesome Work: We strive to do excellent work, and we reward those who take initiative and make a meaningful contribution. Our team is committed to doing amazing work and fostering growth—both for the company and through individual achievements.
Are you the ideal candidate for our Technical Consultant position?
HERE ARE SOME QUESTIONS TO HELP YOU KNOW WHETHER THIS POSITION IS RIGHT FOR YOU:
• Do you demonstrate integrity, professionalism, and the drive to do quality work?
• Do you have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written?
• Do you have the ability to organize, summarize, understand, and explain a lot of information?
• Are you unafraid to hold people accountable (nicely) when they don’t keep their commitments?
TO BE QUALIFIED FOR THE TECHNICAL CONSULTANT POSITION, YOU MUST HAVE:
• 20 years of construction experience or a college degree and 10 years of experience.
• Experience acting as a self-directed, independent leader in construction.
• Critical thinking skills to solve problems and communicate solutions by way of actionable information and recommendations.
• Ability to perform the physical requirements needed to conduct onsite inspections.
• Knowledge of Building Sciences preferred.
• Architectural or engineering registration, construction license(s), and/or inspection certification(s) preferred.
• Intermediate-advanced computer skills, including proficiency in MS Word/Excel/Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, Email, and Internet Research Tools.
Technical Consultant Job Description & KPIs
The role of Technical Consultant (Architect, Engineer, Building Inspector, Contractor, Estimator, or Construction Project Manager) is to systematically create and present the fastest and most cost-effective solutions to building problems. Duties will include building performance analysis, building inspection and property condition assessment, construction document analysis, construction cost estimating, and preparation of technical reports.
YOUR SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
1. Inspect structures and building sites; rigorously document with photographs, notes, diagrams and checklists.
2. Conduct research and gather data for use in investigations, according to PFCS standards.
3. Collect, review, summarize, understand, and analyze documents and information.
4. Write reports and analysis consistent with PFCS standards.
5. Communicate project data and opinions professionally and concisely.
6. Attend meetings and mediations with clients and others to gather project information or present PFCS work, in coordination with the Technical Expert or Project Coordinator.
7. Track time billed to clients and maintain billable hour targets.
**This position will be a full-time, contract role that will require the selected candidate to work on-site as a Quality Manager/Inspector for a minimum of one year.