• Do you have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written?
• Do you have the ability to organize, summarize, understand, and explain a lot of information?
• Are you unafraid to hold people accountable (nicely) when they don’t keep their commitments? TO BE QUALIFIED FOR THE TECHNICAL CONSULTANT POSITION, YOU MUST HAVE
• 20 years of construction experience or a college degree and 10 years of experience.
• Experience acting as a self-directed, independent leader in construction. Extensive experience in serving as a construction industry subject matter expert. Expert testimony experience required.
• Critical thinking skills to solve problems and communicate solutions by way of actionable information and recommendations.
• Ability to perform the physical requirements needed to conduct onsite inspections.
• Knowledge of Building Sciences preferred.
• Architectural or engineering registration, construction license(s), and/or inspection certification(s) preferred.
• Intermediate-advanced computer skills, including proficiency in MS Word/Excel/Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, Email, and Internet Research Tools. YOUR SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING
1. Inspect structures and building sites; rigorously document with photographs, notes, diagrams and checklists.
2. Conduct research and gather data for use in investigations, according to PFCS standards.
3. Collect, review, summarize, understand, and analyze documents and information.
4. Write reports and analyses consistent with PFCS standards.
5. Communicate project data and opinions professionally and concisely.
6. Attend meetings and mediations with clients and others to gather project information or present PFCS work, in coordination with the Technical Expert or Project Coordinator.
7. Track time billed to clients and maintain billable hour targets.
Learn more about PFCS at PeteFowler.comThis is a full-time position and may be located in any area of Southern California (Corona, San Clemente, Los Angeles, Laguna, etc.)