Technical Consultant - Construction, Roofing
LETTER FROM PFCS PRESIDENT, PETE FOWLER:
We are looking for a Technical Consultant - Construction and Roofing Inspector to conduct in-depth evaluations of existing construction, including roof and attic assemblies in New Mexico. The ideal candidate will (1.) access roofs and attics safely, (2.) inspect and document thoroughly with photographs, notes, diagrams and checklists, (3.) analyze and summarize that data and turn it into information that non-technical people can understand, and (4.) provide expert conclusions communicated in layman's terms both in writing and verbally to clients. The candidate needs to be familiar with common roof construction and installation practices, building codes, manufacturer's instructions, and maintenance requirements for roofs and attics. Our goal is to develop a long term relationship with a Consultant who is able to conduct inspections for PFCS on a regular basis, working as an Independent Contractor.
Pete Fowler Construction Services is dedicated to delivering solutions to our clients and becoming a world-class consultancy in our field. We care about one another and thrive on the glory of doing awesome work.
At PFCS, you’ll experience an amazing, team-oriented environment that provides people with the tools and opportunities to realize their professional growth goals. If you are looking for a long-term relationship and wish to become a part of our team, let’s talk.
About Pete Fowler Construction Services (PFCS)
At PFCS, our mission is delivering solutions to those who own or work in the business of buildings. This means helping clients make smart, informed decisions about buildings and property. We evaluate physical performance of building projects, write reports, specify and estimate the costs of maintenance and repairs, contract and manage construction, and verify quality.
We are often called upon to consult and testify in property related claims and litigation. We have a worldclass proprietary technology system to collect, organize, structure, share and store documents and building information forever.
Our clients include property owners and managers, developers and contractors, product manufacturers and suppliers, insurers and lawyers. Every year we work on projects as widely varying as single-family residences, multi-family projects, mixed-use developments and commercial, institutional, industrial, lowrise, mid-rise and high-rise construction.
LIVE THE PFCS VALUES
PFCS team members strive to live our core values every day. We live, breathe, and believe in our core tenants. They are the foundations of our company. Every decision we make aligns with our values and supports the company’s mission of delivering solutions.
Our core values are:
Act with Integrity: We are an ethical company, all obliged and empowered to behave toward each other in a moral, ethical, respectable way. We face challenges and make the hard decisions with an unwavering moral compass.
Solve the Problem: We balance quality, cost, and time to drive results. We are decisive and use professional judgment by transforming data into information, information to empowerment, and empowerment to decisions.
Do Awesome Work: We strive to do excellent work, and we reward those who take initiative and make a meaningful contribution. Our team is committed to doing amazing work and fostering growth—both for the company and through individual achievements.
Are you the ideal candidate for our Technical Consultant position?
HERE ARE SOME QUESTIONS TO HELP YOU KNOW WHETHER THIS POSITION IS RIGHT FOR YOU:
• Do you demonstrate integrity, professionalism, and the drive to do quality work?
• Do you have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written?
• Do you have the ability to organize, summarize, understand, and explain a lot of information?
• Do you have the means to safely access roofs and attics, including all appropriate safety gear?
TO BE QUALIFIED FOR THE TECHNICAL CONSULTANT POSITION, YOU MUST HAVE:
• 10 years of roofing installation experience or a college degree and 5 years of experience.
• Experience acting as a self-directed, independent leader in roofing construction.
• Critical thinking skills to solve problems and communicate solutions by way of actionable information and recommendations.
• Ability to perform the physical requirements needed to conduct onsite inspections.
• Knowledge of Building Sciences preferred.
• Architectural or engineering registration, construction license(s), and/or inspection certification(s) preferred.
• Intermediate-advanced computer skills, including proficiency in MS Word/Excel/Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, Email, and Internet Research Tools.
Technical Consultant Job Description
The role of Technical Consultant - Roofing Inspector is to systematically create and present the fastest and most cost-effective solutions to building problems. Duties will include building performance analysis, building inspection and property condition assessment, construction document analysis, construction cost estimating, and preparation of technical reports.
YOUR SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
1. Inspect structures and building sites; rigorously document with photographs, notes, diagrams and checklists.
2. Conduct research and gather data for use in investigations, according to PFCS standards.
3. Collect, review, summarize, understand, and analyze documents and information.
4. Write reports and analysis consistent with PFCS standards.
5. Communicate project data and opinions professionally and concisely.
6. On occasion, attend meetings with clients and others to gather project information or present PFCS work, in coordination with the Technical Expert or Project Coordinator.
7. Track time billed to clients and maintain billable hour targets.