Are you the ideal candidate for our Project Coordinator position?
We are looking for a full-time Project Coordinator to work in Southern California. At this time, we are open on the location: one of our locations in Southern California or a semi- remote candidate in the LA market available to visit in person periodically.
A Project Coordinator is responsible for planning and managing the scope, budget, and schedule for each project, working with a technical expert to ensure all work conforms with PFCS' high standards, and reporting progress regularly in project portfolio reviews. The right candidate is someone who is intelligent, action-oriented, hard-working and professional - with a thorough attention to detail (A little bit of OCD is the right amount ;). She/he thrives in a collaborative environment that values integrity and quality work.
About Pete Fowler Construction Services (PFCS)
At PFCS, our mission is delivering solutions to those who own or work in the business of buildings. This means helping clients make smart, informed decisions about buildings and property. We evaluate physical performance of building projects, write reports, specify and estimate the costs of maintenance and repairs, contract and manage construction, and verify quality.
We are often called upon to consult and testify in property related claims and litigation. We have a world-class proprietary technology system to collect, organize, structure, share and store documents and building information forever.
Our clients include property owners & managers, developers & contractors, product manufacturers & suppliers, insurers and lawyers. Every year we work on projects as widely varying as single-family residences, multi-family projects, mixed-use developments, commercial, institutional, industrial, low-rise, mid-rise and high-rise construction.
Live the PFCS values
PFCS team members strive to live our core values every day. We live, breathe, and believe in our core tenets. They are the foundations of our company. Every decision we make aligns with our values and supports the company’s mission of delivering solutions. Our core values are:
Act with Integrity: We are an ethical company, all obliged and empowered to behave toward each other in a moral, ethical, respectable way. We face challenges and make the hard decisions with an unwavering moral compass.
Solve the Problem: We balance quality, cost, and time to drive results. We are decisive, and use professional judgment by transforming data into information, information to empowerment, and empowerment to decisions.
Do Awesome Work: We strive to do excellent work, and we reward those who take initiative and make a meaningful contribution. Our team is committed to doing amazing work and fostering growth—both for the company and through individual achievements.
Here are some questions to help you know whether this position is right for you:
- Are you looking for a career managing and facilitating successful projects?
- Do you demonstrate integrity, professionalism, and the drive to do quality work?
- Are you a planner, who is naturally organized?
- Do you have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written?
- Do you have the ability to organize, summarize, understand, and explain a lot of information?
- Are you unafraid to hold people accountable (nicely) when they don’t keep their commitments?
To be qualified for the Project Coordinator position, you must have:
- High School Diploma / GED
- College degree preferred, or applicable certification (like PMP)
- Years of relevant experience “making things happen,” preferably involving some facet of the building construction industry
- Intermediate-advanced computer skills, including proficiency in MS Word/Excel/Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, Email, and Internet Research and tools
- Some experience with construction management documents (schedule of values, change orders, etc.) AND/OR property management is a plus
Your specific responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Management of checklists: Inspecting & Testing, Budgeting & Estimating, Analyzing Construction Defects, and Contracting 101
- Collection, organization, indexing, and summarization of all project information
- Drafting and coordination of Project Plan with Technical Lead and client
- Communication and delegation of the Project Plan to the Project Team
- Execution of Project Plan, including holding internal and external team members accountable for Project Plan commitments
- Comparison of Project Plan to performance
If you are looking for a long-term relationship and wish to become a part of our team, please submit your resume along with a cover letter explaining why you're a great match for this position.