Business Development - Claims & Litigation
LETTER FROM PFCS PRESIDENT, PETE FOWLER:
We are looking for a sales rock star to fill the role of Business Development - Claims & Litigation to ensure all of our prospecting efforts conform to PFCS’ high standards. The perfect candidate is passionate about selling, organizing, and coordinating with other team members. This person has incredible charisma, attention to detail, and high standards that match those of PFCS. He/she is sharp, hardworking, naturally organized, and a great communicator.
Pete Fowler Construction Services is dedicated to delivering solutions to our clients and becoming a world-class consultancy in our field. We care about one another and thrive on the glory of doing awesome work.
At PFCS, you’ll experience an amazing, team-oriented environment that provides people with the tools and opportunities to realize their professional growth goals. If you are looking for a long-term relationship and wish to become a part of our team, let’s talk.
About Pete Fowler Construction Services (PFCS)
At PFCS, our mission is delivering solutions to those who own or work in the business of buildings. This means helping clients make smart, informed decisions about buildings and property. We evaluate physical performance of building projects, write reports, specify and estimate the costs of maintenance and repairs, contract and manage construction, and verify quality.
We are often called upon to consult and testify in property related claims and litigation. We have a worldclass proprietary technology system to collect, organize, structure, share and store documents and building information forever.
Our clients include property owners and managers, developers and contractors, product manufacturers and suppliers, insurers and lawyers. Every year we work on projects as widely varying as single-family residences, multi-family projects, mixed-use developments, commercial, institutional, industrial, low-rise, mid-rise and high-rise construction.
LIVE THE PFCS VALUES
PFCS team members strive to live our core values every day. We live, breathe, and believe in our core tenets. They are the foundations of our company. Every decision we make aligns with our values and supports the company’s mission of delivering solutions. Our core values are:
Act with Integrity: We are an ethical company, all obliged and empowered to behave toward each other in a moral, ethical, respectable way. We face challenges and make the hard decisions with an unwavering moral compass.
Solve the Problem: We balance quality, cost, and time to drive results. We are decisive, and use professional judgment by transforming data into information, information to empowerment, and empowerment to decisions.
Do Awesome Work: We strive to do excellent work, and we reward those who take initiative and make a meaningful contribution. Our team is committed to doing amazing work and fostering growth—both for the company and through individual achievements.
Are you the right candidate for our Business Development position?
It is our intention to grow our consultancy significantly in the near future. Therefore, we are looking for a selling rock star in the role of Business Development - Claims & Litigation to take on the sales process, from prospecting to closing. In the beginning, the Business Development - Claims & Litigation will implement our existing strategy that has been articulated in thoughtful written business and marketing plans, quarterly plans, and well developed KPIs. Future iterations of these plans will be developed using a team approach with other managers and memorialized by the Marketing & Sales Manager. The Marketing & Sales Manager will report to our president, Pete Fowler.
HERE ARE SOME QUESTIONS TO HELP YOU KNOW WHETHER THIS POSITION IS RIGHT FOR YOU:
• Are you looking for a sales career with a rapidly growing, top performing marketing and sales team?
• Do you demonstrate integrity, professionalism, and the drive to do quality work?
• Are you a planner, who is naturally organized?
• Do you have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written?
• Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment?
• Are you unafraid to hold people accountable (nicely) when they don’t keep their commitments?
TO BE QUALIFIED FOR THE MARKETING AND SALES MANAGER POSITION, YOU MUST HAVE:
• BA/BS in Marketing (or related business field)
• 5 years of progressively more responsible positions in marketing
• Experience managing a team of professionals
• Demonstrated ability to lead in a fast-paced environment
• Familiar with digital marketing, social media marketing, email marketing, market research, PR, and other industry related tools and trends
• Experience with construction claims and/or defect litigation or other consulting is a plus
YOUR SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO, THE FOLLOWING:
1. Implement the overall sales strategy and execute plans related to our existing services and markets.
2. Ensure effective communications with prospects and clients consistent with high corporate standards.
3. Effective daily sales activities: calls, prospects, meetings, opportunities, and proposals.
4. Attend industry functions to network and represent PFCS.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS (KPIS)
1. New Project Volume
2. New Opportunities
3. New Prospects
4. Number of Calls, Emails, and Meetings
5. Attend Monthly Marketing & Sales Meeting
6. Attend Weekly Marketing & Sales Meeting