Training Coordinator and Project Assitant
LETTER FROM PFCS PRESIDENT, PETE FOWLER:
We are looking for a Project Assistant to ensure all work and training efforts conform to PFCS’ high standards. The perfect candidate is passionate about planning, organizing, and coordinating with other team members. This person has incredible attention to detail and high standards that match those of PFCS. He/she is sharp, hardworking, naturally organized, and a great communicator.
Pete Fowler Construction Services is dedicated to delivering solutions to our clients and becoming a world-class consultancy in our field. We care about one another and thrive on the glory of doing awesome work.
At PFCS, you’ll experience an amazing, team-oriented environment that provides people with the tools and opportunities to realize their professional growth goals. If you are looking for a long-term relationship and wish to become a part of our team, let’s talk.
About Pete Fowler Construction Services (PFCS)
At PFCS, our mission is delivering solutions to those who own or work in the business of buildings. This means helping clients make smart, informed decisions about buildings and property. We evaluate physical performance of building projects, write reports, specify and estimate the costs of maintenance and repairs, contract and manage construction, and verify quality.
We are often called upon to consult and testify in property related claims and litigation. We have a worldclass proprietary technology system to collect, organize, structure, share and store documents and building information forever.
Our clients include property owners and managers, developers and contractors, product manufacturers and suppliers, insurers and lawyers. Every year we work on projects as widely varying as single-family residences, multi-family projects, mixed-use developments, commercial, institutional, industrial, low-rise, mid-rise and high-rise construction.
LIVE THE PFCS VALUES
PFCS team members strive to live our core values every day. We live, breathe, and believe in our core tenets. They are the foundations of our company. Every decision we make aligns with our values and supports the company’s mission of delivering solutions. Our core values are:
Act with Integrity: We are an ethical company, all obliged and empowered to behave toward each other in a moral, ethical, respectable way. We face challenges and make the hard decisions with an unwavering moral compass.
Solve the Problem: We balance quality, cost, and time to drive results. We are decisive, and use professional judgment by transforming data into information, information to empowerment, and empowerment to decisions.
Do Awesome Work: We strive to do excellent work, and we reward those who take initiative and make a meaningful contribution. Our team is committed to doing amazing work and fostering growth—both for the company and through individual achievements.
Are you the ideal candidate for our Project Assistant position?
A Project Assistant is responsible for assisting the Operations Manager and Project Managers, working with a technical expert to ensure all work conforms with PFCS' high standards, and reporting progress regularly in project portfolio reviews. Further, she/he is responsible for monitoring, scheduling, documenting, and reporting the training of employees. The right candidate is someone who is intelligent, action-oriented, hard working and professional - with a thorough attention to detail (A little bit of OCD is the right amount ;). She/he thrives in a collaborative environment that values integrity and quality work.
HERE ARE SOME QUESTIONS TO HELP YOU KNOW WHETHER THIS POSITION IS RIGHT FOR YOU:
- Are you looking for a career facilitating successful projects?
- Do you demonstrate integrity, professionalism, and the drive to do quality work?
- Are you a planner, who is naturally organized?
- Do you have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written?
- Do you have the ability to organize, summarize, understand, and explain a lot of information?
- Are you unafraid to hold people accountable (nicely) when they don’t keep their commitments?
TO BE QUALIFIED FOR THE PROJECT ASSISTANT POSITION, YOU MUST HAVE:
- High School Diploma / GED
- College degree preferred, or applicable certification (like PMP)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Preferred: relevant experience “making things happen” and showing progressive responsibility, preferably involving some facet of the building construction industry
- Intermediate-advanced computer skills, including proficiency in MS Word/Excel/Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, email, and internet research tools
- Experience in organizing, planning, and monitoring projects preferred
YOUR SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO, THE FOLLOWING:
- Documentation assistance of a portfolio of projects with differing scopes and team members
- Collection, organization, indexing, and summarization of all project information
- Communication of the Project Plan to the Project Team
- Collaborate with multiple departments, managers, and locations
- Conduct effective orientation sessions
- Monitor and track training progress and completion, and report progress
- Research new training techniques and make recommendations for training program enhancements