Nearly half of U.S. households struggle to handle an unexpected expense of $400 or more. When it comes to managing household expenses, things like a broken appliance or a growing family can be financially burdensome. Ranked 5th on Inc. Magazine's annual list
of fastest-growing private companies in the United States, our team is on a mission to make life’s purchases more accessible and affordable.
Located in the heart of vibrant Philadelphia, we’re building a FinTech-enabled e-commerce marketplace that combines quality brands with sensible financing to improve the lives of our neighbors and communities.
- Direct all day-to-day accounting activities including managing cash flow and debt, overseeing accounts payable process, and monitoring overall business performance
- Own monthly close process, including the preparation of account reconciliations and workpapers in support of journal entries, and delivery of financial results to leadership team and board of directors in a timely manner
- Establish and maintain best-in-practice accounting policies and internal control environment
- Ensure compliance with local, state and federal reporting requirements and tax filings, including applicable tax credits
- Prepare three-statement financial forecasting models to inform decision-making and compare against actual results
- Develop strong relationships with external stakeholders including the board of directors, independent accountants, banking partners and vendors
- Assist in the administration of payroll and insurance
- Support various projects and analyses at the direction of the CEO
We are seeking a hardworking, high-energy Accounting Manager with proven technical accounting skills and a consistent record of success. The Accounting Manager will have overall responsibility for the financial operations of the Company. S/he will be charged with establishing an efficient and scalable accounting function while increasing analytical capabilities and improving financial transparency to all stakeholders. In this hands-on role, the Accounting Manager will oversee accounting, tax, financial reporting, and treasury management activities. S/he will be a team player, capable of prioritizing and executing projects in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. This individual will be guided by an experienced management team, who are committed to their long-term professional development.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in accounting
- 5+ years of public accounting and/or controllership experience
- CPA plus deep experience in US GAAP with expectation of serving as lead technical accounting resource
- Advanced excel skills e.g. pivot tables, macros, etc. (programming language experience a strong plus)
- A startup and results-driven mentality
- Strong project management capabilities
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with all levels of the organization
- Familiarity with the following is a plus: QuickBooks, Gusto, Domo, Magento, Stripe