Nearly half of U.S. households struggle to handle an unexpected expense of $400 or more. When it comes to managing household expenses, things like a broken appliance or a growing family can be financially burdensome. Ranked 5th on Inc. Magazine's annual list
of fastest-growing private companies in the United States, our team is on a mission to make life’s purchases more accessible and affordable.
Located in the heart of vibrant Philadelphia, we’re building a FinTech-enabled e-commerce marketplace that combines quality brands with sensible financing to improve the lives of our neighbors and communities.
- Direct all day-to-day accounting activities including managing cash flow and debt, overseeing accounts payable process, and monitoring overall business performance
- Own monthly close process, including the preparation of account reconciliations and workpapers in support of journal entries, and delivery of financial results to leadership team and board of directors in a timely manner
- Establish and maintain best-in-practice accounting policies and internal control environment
- Ensure compliance with local, state and federal reporting requirements and tax filings, including applicable tax credits
- Prepare three-statement financial forecasting models to inform decision-making and compare against actual results
- Develop strong relationships with external stakeholders including the board of directors, independent accountants, banking partners and vendors
- Assist in the administration of payroll and insurance
- Support various projects and analyses at the direction of the CEO
We are seeking a hardworking, high-energy Accounting Manager with proven technical accounting skills and a consistent record of success. The Accounting Manager will have overall responsibility for the financial operations of the Company. S/he will be charged with establishing an efficient and scalable accounting function while increasing analytical capabilities and improving financial transparency to all stakeholders. In this hands-on role, the Accounting Manager will oversee accounting, tax, financial reporting, and treasury management activities. S/he will be a team player, capable of prioritizing and executing projects in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. This individual will be guided by an experienced management team, who are committed to their long-term professional development.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in accounting
- 5+ years of public accounting and/or controllership experience
- CPA plus deep experience in US GAAP with expectation of serving as lead technical accounting resource
- Advanced excel skills e.g. pivot tables, macros, etc. (programming language experience a strong plus)
- A startup and results-driven mentality
- Strong project management capabilities
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with all levels of the organization
- Familiarity with the following is a plus: QuickBooks, Gusto, Domo, Magento, Stripe
- Opportunity to work with one of the fastest growing financial startups
- Competitive salary + equity
- Health/dental/vision insurance + 401K with company match
- Gym + public transportation subsidy
- Centrally located in downtown Philadelphia
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.