Nearly half of U.S. households struggle to handle an unexpected expense of $400 or more. When it comes to managing household expenses, things like a broken appliance or a growing family can be financially burdensome. Ranked 5th on Inc. Magazine's annual list
of fastest-growing private companies in the United States, our team is on a mission to make life’s purchases more accessible and affordable.
Located in the heart of vibrant Philadelphia, we’re building a FinTech-enabled e-commerce marketplace that combines quality brands with sensible financing to improve the lives of our neighbors and communities.
- You will be working with our engineering team to design and deliver new features for our web and mobile apps
- Collaborate with our teams and designers to rapidly improve our user-facing applications
- Analyze data to improve every aspect of our users’ experiences
What We Look For:
- BS in Computer Science or related field
- An understanding of REST API-Driven Microservices & Micro Frontends
- Strong knowledge of how the web works and how to make it efficient (HTTP, caching, page rendering, mobile optimization, etc).
- Significant experience with React and the React ecosystem as well as unidirectional data flow patterns, preferably Redux.
- People who are passionate about what they do and about improving the lives of others
- 3-5 years software development experience, delivering commercial products to market
- Experience with optimizing web applications for performance and accessibility
- History of effectively collaborating with creative, technical, and business teams
- A passion for UX/UI design or familiarity with UX/UI principles
- An understanding of MVC web application frameworks, preferably Django
- The ability to pick up new technologies quickly, with software engineering fundamentals being valued more than familiarity with specific tools or languages
- A strong focus on writing and deploying clear, scalable, readable, and testable code
- A belief in Agile methodologies, while still knowing how and when to adapt them to fit a team and projects
- A firm understanding of data design and both relational database and NoSQL databases
- Bonus points for experience with AWS and Docker
We don't work with external recruiting agencies, please contact us or apply directly!