Nearly one in two households in the U.S. struggles to handle an unexpected expense of $400 or more. When it comes to managing household expenses, things like a broken appliance or a growing family can be financially burdensome. We’re a collaborative team of creative problem-solvers on a mission to make life’s purchases more accessible and affordable. Located in the heart of vibrant Philadelphia, we’re building a FinTech-enabled e-commerce marketplace that combines quality brands with sensible financing to improve the lives of our neighbors and communities.
We are looking for engineers to help build our machine learning platform in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. As a member of the Engineering Team, you will design, implement, and ship new ML solutions at scale that will be used by data scientists and engineers within our Product Team. Applicants should be highly motivated and comfortable with taking on and adapting to a diverse array of subject matter. This opportunity is both unique and pivotal, as it provides the chance to join a rapidly-growing team that delivers software products that are experienced by millions of people.
- Utilize deep technical knowledge of machine learning, recommendation systems, data engineering, and software engineering principles to build machine learning solutions and workflows
- A passion for making these methods scalable, reproducible and easy-to-use
- Providing guidance on transitioning prototypes and experiments to performant, production models
- Leading architectural decisions and tool selection in order to deliver platform features
- Contributing to our team’s commitment to testable, readable, and well-organized code
- Clearly communicate trade-offs between schedule, resources, model performance etc.
- Work on projects of growing responsibility, both individually and as part of a team, to build experience and skills at a pace matched to your shown ability
- Learn more about the industry and Perpay, establishing a solid foundation to be better positioned for long-term career success
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a quantitative/technical field (Computer Science, Engineering)
- Creative, collaborative, and product focused
- Minimum 2+ years work experience in related field required
- Strong working knowledge of SQL/NoSQL, relational databases and Python is required (2+ years experience)
- Industry experience in algorithm design and implementation, codebase management and code generalization
- Experience delivering complex engineered features for real-time prediction systems
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary + equity
- Health/dental/vision insurance fully covered
- 401K + company match
- Gym + public transportation subsidy
- Relocation assistance
- Centrally located in downtown Philadelphia in a beautiful loft-style office with an espresso machine and office pup (Kingsli)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We don't work with external recruiting agencies, please contact us or apply directly!