Nearly half of U.S. households struggle to handle an unexpected expense of $400 or more. When it comes to managing household expenses, things like a broken appliance or a growing family can be financially burdensome. Ranked 5th on Inc. Magazine's 2019 list
of fastest-growing private companies in the United States, our team is on a mission to make life’s purchases more accessible and affordable.
Located in the heart of vibrant Philadelphia, we're building a FinTech-enabled e-commerce marketplace that combines quality brands with sensible financing to improve the lives of our neighbors and communities.
**For consideration, please submit a link to your portfolio**
Who We’re Looking For:
- A rising star; you dream to continuously grow and develop
- A chameleon; you welcome and thrive on change
- A self-starter; you are enthusiastic and excel at taking initiative
- A stickler for details; you are organized, attentive, and focused
- A positive force; you are optimistic, high-energy, and confident
In this role, your work will span from core features to experimental projects. We believe in generalists that have a hand in each stage of the product development process, so the Product Designer at Perpay will take projects from napkin sketches to final visual specifications. This will be a cross-functional role where you will work closely with product, operations and engineers.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Listening to users to develop the right product strategy and solutions that delight our customers
- Leading design projects across the entire product lifecycle and multiple product launches
- Setting a vision for the user experience and creating a space for others to collaborate
- Maintaining and improving upon a design system
- Rapidly producing multiple concepts and prototypes; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- Excellent portfolio that demonstrates love and care for their craft
- Strong product sensibility
- Experience developing wireframes and prototypes
- Deep Understanding of design tools (Figma, Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Mastery of prototyping tools
What We Offer:
- Opportunity to work with one of the fastest growing financial startups in the country
- Competitive salary + equity
- 401k with company match
- Health / Dental / Vision insurance
- Gym + Public Transportation subsidy
- Relocation assistance
- While we've mainly operated remotely since early 2020, we're excited to move into our brand new home at 2400 Market St. when conditions allow. Currently under construction, our new office will incorporate all the best aspects of our first home (espresso bar, full kitchen, work/lounge space) in a riverfront setting with iconic Philadelphia Art Museum views. We can't wait to make our new space in Center City's vibrant Fitler Square neighborhood our own and we're looking for passionate & motivated folks to help us grow into it together.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
We don't work with external recruiting agencies, please contact us or apply directly!