Nearly half of U.S. households struggle to handle an unexpected expense of $400 or more. When it comes to managing household expenses, things like a broken appliance or a growing family can be financially burdensome. Ranked 5th on Inc. Magazine's annual list
of fastest-growing private companies in the United States, our team is on a mission to make life’s purchases more accessible and affordable.
Located in the heart of vibrant Philadelphia, we’re building a FinTech-enabled e-commerce marketplace that combines quality brands with sensible financing to improve the lives of our neighbors and communities.
We are searching for a Data Scientist who is a quantitative, critical thinker with a passion for problem-solving and the capacity to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. We are looking for an individual who desires experience in driving organizational strategy through quantitative approaches. Applicants should be highly motivated and comfortable with taking on and adapting to a diverse array of subject matter. This opportunity is both unique and pivotal, as it provides the chance to contribute greatly to a rapidly-growing team.
- Gather and transform data from various business sources to identify opportunity areas
- Analyze data using quantitative techniques to make actionable recommendations
- Work within the Data Science team to serve machine learning solutions at scale
- Work on projects of growing responsibility, both individually and as part of a team, to build experience and skills at a pace matched to your demonstrated ability
- Learn more about the industry generally and Perpay specifically, establishing a solid foundation to be better positioned for long-term career success
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a quantitative/technical field (Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering)
- Minimum two years work experience in related field required
- Strong knowledge and understanding of financial services
- Expertise using SQL for acquiring and transforming data (2+ years required)
- Experience with object-oriented programming languages (Python preferred)
- Outstanding quantitative modeling and statistical analysis skills
- Experience with data visualization tools e.g. Power BI, Tableau, and/or Domo
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively advocate for technical solutions to engineering teams and business audiences
- Effective project management, problem solving, analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Experience implementing machine learning solutions at scale
- Natural curiosity and a desire to learn
- Experience processing, filtering and presenting large quantities of data
- Opportunity to work with one of the the fastest growing startups in the country
- Competitive salary + equity
- Health/dental/vision insurance + 401K
- Gym + public transportation subsidy
- Relocation assistance
- Centrally located in downtown Philadelphia
We don't work with external recruiting agencies, please contact us or apply directly!