Nearly half of U.S. households struggle to handle an unexpected expense of $400 or more. When it comes to managing household expenses, things like a broken appliance or a growing family can be financially burdensome. Ranked 5th on Inc. Magazine's annual list
of fastest-growing private companies in the United States, our team is on a mission to make life’s purchases more accessible and affordable.
Located in the heart of vibrant Philadelphia, we’re building a FinTech-enabled e-commerce marketplace that combines quality brands with sensible financing to improve the lives of our neighbors and communities.Position Overview
We are searching for a Data Engineer who is a quantitative, critical thinker with a passion for data and the capacity to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. We are looking for an individual who desires experience in serving data-driven solutions at scale, crossing multiple functional areas and driving organizational efficiency. Applicants should be highly motivated and comfortable with taking on and adapting to a diverse array of subject matter. This opportunity is both unique and pivotal, as it provides the chance to contribute greatly to a rapidly-growing team.
- Analyze and resolve complex challenges around data and tools. Optimize analytical workflows by identifying opportunities and automating them
- Implement solutions to bring together application data generated by distributed systems, third-party data, and real-time user data needed to make key business decisions
- Work within the Data Science team to serve machine learning solutions at scale
- Work on projects of growing responsibility, both individually and as part of a team, to build experience and skills at a pace matched to your shown ability
- Learn more about the industry and Perpay, establishing a solid foundation to be better positioned for long-term career success
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a quantitative/technical field (Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering)
- Minimum two years work experience in related field required
- Working knowledge of data design, architecture and warehousing
- Understanding of data management fundamentals and data storage principles
- Knowledge of distributed systems as it pertains to data storage and cloud computing
- Understanding and administration of AWS, Docker and Linux-based systems
- Experience in custom ETL design, implementation and maintenance
- Experience in large scale data processing using traditional and distributed systems like Hadoop, Spark, Dataflow, and Airflow.
- Strong working knowledge of SQL/NoSQL, relational databases and Python is required (2+ years experience)
- Knowledge and practical experience in machine learning and AI fundamentals
- Experience implementing machine learning solutions at scale
- Experience working with both Batch and Real Time data processing systems
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with stakeholders.
- Effective project management, problem solving, analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Opportunity to work with one of the fastest growing financial startups
- Competitive salary + equity
- Health/dental/vision insurance + 401K
- Gym + public transportation subsidy
- Relocation assistance
- Centrally located in downtown Philadelphia
We don't work with external recruiting agencies, please contact us or apply directly!