Perch is transforming the way people buy and sell their homes. Simplifying it all, to the way it should have always been; fair and true to market, straightforward, easy. Every year in the U.S., $1.5 trillion of single family residences transact, generating over $120 billion of fees in a process that has changed little in decades. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety and is filled with uncertainty and hassle. Perch offers a modern alternative, making one of life's biggest decisions -- the sale and purchase of a home –so stress free, fair and simple that people cannot imagine any other way.
Perch is headquartered in New York City and has 85 employees in New York and Texas. We have raised $250 million in financing from top tier investors including: Firstmark, Accomplice and Juxtapose.
Role and Responsibilities
We’re looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our growing 4-person design team to take the momentum we’ve built and run with it, ensuring that Perch continues to build products that solve real customer problems. The products you design will be human-centered, ultimately enabling Perch to help homeowners with the biggest financial decision of their life: the purchase and sale of their home. If you want to play a key role in scaling a new, innovative business through design, this is the position for you.
This role is responsible for leading the design strategy and execution of our internal platform that power the Perch team to deliver our service to customers. Our platform powers every team at Perch in their day to day work, whether it’s valuing a home, scheduling a home inspection, tracking customer contract signing, and much much more. It’s the OS for Perch and this role will lead design strategy for ensuring it’s scalability as we grow our customer base and markets.
In this role you will:
- Lead the design of new products and features that support our operational workflow platform
- Translate complex ideas into meaningful, data-driven, user experiences based on in-depth research and testing
- Work closely with engineers, product managers, and other designers to define problems, map user flows, prototype interactions, and launch new features
- Understand the implicit connection between designing for operational workflow tools that integrate with consumer experiences
- Define and execute on big ideas that drive the team mission and goals forward
- Advocate for the user
- Proactively solicit feedback from designers and cross-disciplinary partners
- Play a key role in shaping the future of Perch
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years professional experience with end-to-end digital product design (research → wire → visual design)
- Demonstrated track record of success in building products based on research and operational workflow needs
- Passionate about complex service/design systems and well-versed in data-informed product design and development
- Deep empathy for our internal and external users
- A strong understanding of interaction design concepts
- Comfortable defining success metrics and making data-driven design decisions
- The ability to clearly communicate and document your design decisions
- A concise and clear communicator who is recognized as a positive collaborator within functional and cross-functional teams
- Great sense of typography, layout, and general design principles
- Meticulous, but able to iterate quickly
People describe you as:
- A self-starter
- A full-stack designer
- Having high standards
- Scrappy: able to come up with a solution that gets the job done today
- A great teammate
- Having a low ego