Perch is transforming the way people buy and sell their homes. Simplifying it, to the way it should have always been; fair and true to market, straightforward, easy. Every year in the U.S., $1.5 trillion of single family residences transact, generating over $120 billion of fees in a process that has changed little in decades. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety and is filled with uncertainty and hassle.
Perch offers a modern alternative, making one of life's biggest decisions -- the sale and purchase of a home –so stress free, fair and simple that people cannot imagine any other way.
Perch is headquartered in New York City, has 100+ employees and has grown 10x year over year. We have raised $250 million in financing from top tier investors including: Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose.
The Role & Responsibilities
The CRO at Perch will be a critical member of the leadership team, driving our revenue growth and leading an inside and distributed outside sales team. The CRO will be based in either our New York City or Austin, TX offices and will report to the CEO, Court Cunningham.
The sales team at Perch consists of consumer-facing real estate agents who support our clients in- person as well as our Customer Experience team who supports them via phone/email/SMS. Many of our customers cite their experience with their agent (Perch Local Market Experts) and Customer Experience associates as the top reason they’d refer us to a friend. Continuing to build our brand as the leading customer-centric service will be critical to the company’s future success.
As the CRO, you will:
- Hire 75+ sales team members across 5 cities in your first year.
- Hiring plans will require you to hire existing licensed real estate agents. You will also be
responsible for designing an onboarding and training program that will enable our sales
executives to excel to record levels of performance.
- Foster a culture of results balanced with customer success focus that will continue to drive our
80+ NPS and high customer referral rate.
- Develop a hiring process/ candidate profile to improve success rates for newly hired account
- Work with product to improve the systems we use to drive rep productivity and accountability.
- Identify, recruit and onboard 2-3 regional VPs in your first year.
- In accomplishing all of the above, grow revenue 5x year over year in 2020.
- Be a champion for Perch throughout the marketplace. Help us drive workplace and cultural
norms, both at HQ in New York and throughout all field operations, that align with Perch’s
- 10+ years of success in sales leadership roles with experience managing both inside and outside
sales in a multi-city environment.
- Proven ability to hire and train sales teams of 100+ people with a rolodex of talented people
who will drop everything to be part of your team.
- Real estate experience is NOT required, but experience with faster sales cycle (2-4 months) is
- Strong systems thinker who leads teams though a combination personal leadership and process
- Proven track record of success in goal achievement.
- Some domestic travel required in first year (assume ~25%)
- B2C experience a plus
- Results oriented with a strong work ethic. Must be driven, with the emotional intelligence to know when to push harder and when to look for alternative approaches. Solutions-focused
- High Sales IQ: this leader will work collaboratively with product and marketing teams to help
define, craft and refine our go to market positioning and strategy. We are looking for a strong
people leader who can also operate strategically at an executive level.
- Strong customer focus
- Track record of sound business judgment with maturity, diplomacy, and communication skills
(both written and verbal). Business acumen is a critical success factor for this role.
- Intellectual curiosity and comfort making decisions when faced with uncertainty.
- Strong multi-tasker with the ability to prioritize work based on business and operational needs.
- Highly motivated, with the drive to work independently, plan and accomplish goals, manage and
prioritize projects with deadlines, and ability to thrive in a fast paced, changing environment.
- People describe you as: Passionate, a leader, a strong communicator, and someone that “gets