Perch is transforming the way people buy and sell their homes. Simplifying it all, to the way it should have always been; fair and true to market, straightforward, easy. Every year in the U.S., $1.5 trillion of single family residences transact, generating over $120 billion of fees in a process that has changed little in decades. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety and is filled with uncertainty and hassle. Perch offers a modern alternative, making one of life's biggest decisions -- the sale and purchase of a home –so stress free, fair and simple that people cannot imagine any other way.
Perch is headquartered in New York City and has 85 employees in New York and Texas. We have raised $250 million in financing from top tier investors including: Firstmark, Accomplice and Juxtapose.
Perch has developed a home buying and selling experience that brings control and convenience to customers. By harnessing the power of data science, technology, and human-centered design, we’ve developed a seller experience that delivers a market price offer for your home in 24 hours with the ability to close at a time of your choosing. No home showings, no repairs to do, no contingent offers, and no fear of the offer falling through before closing. It’s the way a home sale always should have worked. For home buyers, we’re pioneering a new way of shopping by removing financing contingencies and simplifying the whole experience from home discovery through mortgage approval to close.
The Director of Mortgage Operations will help lead the design and implementation of Perch Mortgage. Located in Austin, TX and reporting to the Head of Business Development, Brett Robbins, you’ll be responsible for managing mortgage compliance and processes while delivering a best-in-class customer experience. The ideal candidate possess deep knowledge and experience in residential mortgage lending. This person should be both creative and entrepreneurial as well as passionate about building a modern mortgage brokerage from the ground up. As the Director of Mortgage Operations, you’ll help Perch grow revenues while reducing stress and uncertainty for millions of borrowers who move each year.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an early stage venture-backed company in an instrumental role. Our goal is to innovate on how mortgages are delivered while maintaining a culture of strong risk management and compliance leadership.
- Manage mortgage operations and employees; recruit and train Loan Officers and other support staff, maintain necessary (and recommended) licensing, and serve as a team leader and loan expert
- Design and manage all systems and procedures to originate, process and close residential mortgage loans in an independent brokerage environment
- Develop sales and operations strategy to maximize loan volume and employee productivity
- Partner closely with Title, Real Estate and Contract Operations to successfully manage the customer experience across all stages of the buying funnel
- Maintain a current comprehensive knowledge of all mortgage processes and procedures as directed by state and national organizations (e.g., Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHA, and VA) and related federal laws and regulations, especially those originating from the CFPB; ensure business practices reflect strict compliance with applicable regulatory guidelines
- Assist in external and internal audits as required
- Be a champion for Perch throughout the mortgage and lending industry; build and maintain relationships with key external partners, including regulatory agencies
Qualifications and experience
- 8+ years of mortgage lending experience with deep exposure or experience in financial underwriting and credit analysis
- 4+ years managing mortgage origination teams
- Hold a valid Texas Residential Mortgage Loan Originator license
- Experience transacting with federal and state regulators
- Advanced knowledge of regulatory compliance requirements, underwriting, and residential mortgage origination; proven ability to interpret and communicate regulatory guidance
- Superior analytical skills and attention to detail; data-driven mentality
- Strict integrity
- Natural leadership and team building qualities; strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with all levels of company leadership
- An entrepreneurial mindset: drive to deliver results coupled with a willingness to roll up your sleeves
- Exceptional organizational skills with ability to prioritize work based on business and operational needs
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in business, finance or related field