Perch is transforming the way people buy and sell their homes. Simplifying it all, to the way it should have always been; fair and true to market, straightforward, easy. Every year in the U.S., $1.5 trillion of single family residences transact, generating over $120 billion of fees in a process that has changed little in decades. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety and is filled with uncertainty and hassle. Perch offers a modern alternative, making one of life's biggest decisions -- the sale and purchase of a home –so stress free, fair and simple that people cannot imagine any other way.
Perch is headquartered in New York City and has 100+ employees in New York and Texas. We have raised $250 million in financing from top tier investors including: Firstmark, Accomplice and Juxtapose.
The Escrow Account Funder is responsible for swiftly and accurately releasing money from escrow accounts via wires or checks for parties to real estate transactions. An ideal candidate will have prior funder experience in resale transactions and is detail-oriented, extremely customer service oriented, adaptable to execute quickly. The Funder works in lockstep with the Escrow Officer and Closing Operations Team so that the moment a real estate transaction closes, the Funder immediately performs detailed quality control review of the transaction and once a file is fully balanced, releases funds. The Funder will also support in-house closings where real estate professionals (brokers, agents, loan officers) expect checks/payments delivered at the closing table.
- Monitor the status of each file scheduled to fund on a daily basis.
- Work in conjunction with Escrow Officer and other Closing Operations team members to perform duties upon funding authorization.
- Once Escrow Officer confirms closing, immediately perform quality control activities to confirm payees, match disbursement ledger to the settlement statement, ensure file is balanced and that documents are recorded
- Confirm that wiring instructions are correct
- Ability to manage high volume transactions in a paperless environment
- Push wire data to the banking system for release
- Follow up and resolve any matters pertaining to rejected wires
- Print checks and send to proper parties in accordance with delivery instructions.
- Process earnest money deposits and refunds
- Perform remittance tasks as required
- Additional tasks as needed
- 1+ years’ experience working in a Funder role for a lending or title operation
- Experience managing fiduciary funds, preferably in a title and settlement business
- High degree of familiarity with real estate settlement statements, property tax prorations, loan fees, title insurance rates and commissions
- Ability quickly verify data accuracy
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with Escrow Officers and other team members to resolve issues quickly
- Strong attention to details and good organization skills
- Outstanding integrity
Who you are
- You understand how to use banking portals. You can juggle multiple priorities and are very time conscious. You understand the impact that the funding process has on the consumer and have a desire to see our customers served well. You carry yourself professionally and with outstanding integrity, and represent Perch both internally and externally.
- Team player, who subscribes to the concept of “Team Before Self” and always willing to pitch in for the good of the team
- Finds satisfaction in mastering complex processes and contributing with the understanding of his/her role within a larger series of processes
- Organized and exceptionally detail-oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication