Perch is transforming the way people buy and sell their homes. Simplifying it all, to the way it should have always been; fair and true to market, straightforward, easy.
Every year in the U.S., $1.5 trillion of single family residences transact, generating over $120 billion of fees in a process that has changed little in decades. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety and is filled with uncertainty and hassle.
Perch offers a modern alternative, making one of life’s biggest decisions -- the sale and purchase of a home –so stress free, fair and simple that people cannot imagine any other way.
Perch is headquartered in New York City and has 85 employees in New York and Texas. We have raised $250 million in financing from top tier investors including: FirstMark, Accomplice and Juxtapose.
The Role & Responsibilities
The Senior Product Manager role will be responsible for enabling our agents (including inside and outside sales team members) to better serve our end customers - ultimately helping Perch achieve its mission of making home buying & selling so stress-free, far, and simple that people can’t imagine any other way. Products you’ll build and own include agent and customer experience CRM, contract automation, home showing enablement, and much more. You will play a key role in helping Perch bring the home buying & selling experience into the modern era.
Reporting to the Head of Platform Product, you will:
- Own the technology platform that will enable our agents to source, nurture, and convert leads into customers at scale - across current and future markets
- Regularly make “build,” “partner,” or “buy” decisions regarding how best to support customer acquisition and retention, including CRM-like capabilities as well as home-grown, innovative solutions
- Travel to our markets to conduct research with current team members on a regular basis to understand their pain points and get feedback on prototypes to solve for them
- Define, track, and report product KPIs that drive product decisions and measure success.
- 3+ years experience in product management
- A track record of taking ownership of projects, including identifying what those projects should be in the first place
- Demonstrated experience in cross-team collaboration: working effectively with highly technical engineering teams as well as salespeople, operational teams, and senior leadership
- Strong analytical capabilities, experience defining metrics and using them to drive decision-making
- Willingness to travel ~1 week per 6-8 weeks to meet with stakeholders and customers
- Start-up experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree
- Highly effective at building collaborative relationships across an entire organization
- An entrepreneur who sees ambiguity as opportunity, and obstacles as chances to build new solutions
- Appreciates that process serves people, not the other way around
- Highly empathetic with a constant drive to deliver the best possible user experience
- Track record of good business judgment with maturity, diplomacy, and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Low ego and focuses on outcomes that help drive the business forward
- Successful in scrappy and entrepreneurial environments, with a drive to get things done
- Must be driven, with the emotional intelligence to know when to push harder and when to look for alternative approaches