Perch is transforming the way people buy and sell their homes. Simplifying it all, to the way it should have always been; fair and true to market, straightforward, easy. Every year in the U.S., $1.5 trillion of single family residences transact, generating over $120 billion of fees in a process that has changed little in decades. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety and is filled with uncertainty and hassle. Perch offers a modern alternative, making one of life's biggest decisions -- the sale and purchase of a home –so stress free, fair and simple that people cannot imagine any other way.
Perch is headquartered in New York City and has 100+ employees in New York and Texas. We have raised $250 million in financing from top tier investors including: Firstmark, Accomplice and Juxtapose.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a venture-backed startup at the ground floor and play an instrumental role in making the home buying and selling experience easier for our customers. If you want to play a key role in scaling in a new, innovative business this is the right role for you. This role will be based in downtown Austin, TX.
The Customer Experience Associate plays a critical role in generating new business opportunities through inbound and outbound sales calls and will be the first point of contact between homeowners and Perch.
The ideal candidate will have 1-2 years experience in a sales role, customer service role or in the real estate industry. The right candidate will be friendly, organized, and trustworthy, in order to create an exceptional customer experience. One of the things our customers love the most about the Perch experience is the level of support they get. In this role there will be an opportunity for ongoing mentorship by Perch Sales Leadership.
In this role you will:
- Be the first point of contact between homeowners and Perch, leveraging phone, text and email communication
- Generate new business through inbound and outbound sales calls
- Maintain a personal database of leads to work and convert in the future
- Hold an active TX real estate license (or get licensed within your first three months)
- Share customer learnings to help us better serve our customers through a superior online and offline experience
- Be comfortable working in the ambiguity and shifting priorities that come with an early stage startup
- Explain our service and offerings, and answer questions from potential customers
Compensation for this role includes competitive base salary in addition to performance-based compensation.
Skills you will possess:
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Active listening and customer empathy
- Strong drive to deliver results and strong follow-up skills
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves
- Scrappy: able to come up with a solution that gets the job done today
- Excels at cross-functional teamwork & communication
- 1-2+ years sales, customer service, or real estate experience preferred
- Real estate license (Required within 3 months of start date)
- Bachelor's degree preferred