Perch is transforming the way people buy and sell their homes. Simplifying it all, to the way it should have always been; fair and true to market, straightforward, easy.
Every year in the U.S., $1.5 trillion of single family residences transact, generating over $120 billion of fees in a process that has changed little in decades. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety and is filled with uncertainty and hassle.
Perch offers a modern alternative, making one of life's biggest decisions -- the sale and purchase of a home –so stress free, fair and simple that people cannot imagine any other way.
Perch is headquartered in New York City and has 100+ employees in New York and Texas. We have raised $250 million in financing from top tier investors including: Firstmark, Accomplice and Juxtapose.
Role and Responsibilities
As a Valuation Operations Specialist, you will work across diverse stakeholders and cross-functional teams to help drive the direction of Perch’s fast-paced growth. Reporting to the Head of Investments, you will help:
- Lead the company’s valuation and underwriting of asset acquisitions from the pre-acquisition stage to the resale stage, while working closely with sales and real estate operations teams to ensure underwrite attainment
- Collaborate with data science, tech, and product teams to drive improvements in the design and accuracy of Perch’s automated valuation model
- Develops, modifies and maintains Perch’s valuation process training material
- Provides valuation insight by developing in-depth knowledge of valuation principles and deep expertise in the markets we operate in all phases of Perch’s valuation process
- Collaborate closely with Sales to ensure Perch provides a strong customer experience for every customer
- Strong operator that is comfortable with leading Perch’s valuation process daily
- 2+ years of work experience preferably in operations at a fast-growing technology company
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving, and business judgment skills
- Experience in executing and building processes that are standardized and scalable
- Real estate domain experience a plus
- Results orientation with a high motor and an incredible attention to detail; able to drive projects from planning to completion with limited oversight
- A low ego and can-do attitude; willingness to admit mistakes and work to remedy them
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills to work across diverse stakeholders and cross-functional teams
- Flexibility to prioritize deliverables and re-prioritize them at a moment’s notice
- Comfort operating in an ambiguous environment where there's not a set playbook on how to solve each problem
- You are customer-centric and care about delivering an exceptional customer experience for our buyers and sellers
- Strong written and oral communicator