Perch is transforming the way people buy and sell their homes. Simplifying it all, to the way it should have always been; fair and true to market, straightforward, easy. Every year in the U.S., $1.5 trillion of single family residences transact, generating over $120 billion of fees in a process that has changed little in decades. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety and is filled with uncertainty and hassle. Perch offers a modern alternative, making one of life's biggest decisions -- the sale and purchase of a home –so stress free, fair and simple that people cannot imagine any other way.
Perch is headquartered in New York City and has 85 employees in New York and Texas. We have raised $250 million in financing from top tier investors including: Firstmark, Accomplice and Juxtapose.
Perch is seeking a Director of Growth Marketing to join our team. This is an early-stage opportunity to join a company that is transforming the way customers buy and sell their homes. Driving customer growth at Perch means you are helping make the biggest financial decision of someone’s life more certain and less stressful.
As the Director of Growth Marketing, you will be responsible for spearheading customer acquisition and growth across all of our local markets. You will be managing the top-of-funnel lead generation and the full customer funnel to ensure that we drive potential customers from lead to close, cost-efficiently and at-scale. You will be responsible for a multi-million dollar budget across a mixture of offline channels (radio, billboard, TV, direct mail) as well as online (Facebook, AdWords, display), which is deployed at a local level. You will own setting CAC targets for each, forecasting, and reporting on results.
Beyond deploying media, the Director of Growth Marketing will work closely with Product to identify product and technology-led opportunities for customer growth. The right candidate will be creative in concepting and rapidly testing solutions for driving cost-efficient growth, including lead nurture opportunities, content-led advertising, and many ideas that we’ve yet to even come up with.
The Director of Growth Marketing must be a strategic leader, but love getting their hands dirty. You will be both people manager and individual contributor.
You will work with inspiring colleagues that are similarly driven by serving our customer and came to Perch to collaborate with talented co-workers and do great work. We’ve built a culture of high output and low ego and are seeking candidates who want to work in that environment. This role is NYC-based and reports to our Co-Founder/Head of Customer Experience. This is a full-time, salaried role with equity package.
This role will be responsible for:
- Media planning and reporting: you will be responsible for deploying our customer acquisition media budget and managing to CAC by market (we need to plan and track spend by different geos)
- Conversion optimization: you will identify ways to drive growth through optimizing conversion whether it’s a more effective landing page or think through ways to nurture email leads to converted customer.
- Identify unpaid, product-led opportunities: whether it’s a tool we can build on-site to engage potential customers or an SEO opportunity, you know that driving down aggregate CAC with unpaid tactics ultimately gives you greater ability to invest more and drive more growth.
- Team Building: Managing and building a high-performance growth marketing team is a part of this role over the long-term. We have 1 team member you will manage on day 1, over time that team will as we identify new ways to accelerate growth.
- 7+ years in growth and acquisition marketing in a category that is medium-to-high consideration: buying & selling a house is a big decision…you won’t often be able to drive a closed customer within minutes of a Facebook ad click.
- Track record of planning and executing customer acquisition, conversion, and engagement strategies to drive transformative business results
- Channel expertise across the entire marketing mix including offline and online channels
- Previous responsibility for reporting on results with knowledge of different attribution models and relative merits of them
- 7 - 12 years of experience in growth/acquisition marketing
- B2C experience required
- Experience in growth stage company required
- Demonstrated strength and results with customer acquisition strategies/channels
- Strong organizational skills and detail orientation
- Track record of collaboration with creative/brand marketing, product management, and sales teams
- Proven track record of success in goal achievement
- Bachelor’s Degree (MBA a plus)
- Creative in identifying new ways to drive growth, with the execution skills to test them quickly
- Customer oriented leader with the understanding the psychology of what works and why
- An entrepreneur who sees ambiguity as opportunity, and obstacles as chances to build new solutions
- Leadership skills to motivate team members
- High energy and action-oriented with a history of getting things done in complex, fast moving environments. Successful in scrappy and entrepreneurial environments, with a drive to get things done
- Superior analytical skills and attention to detail with a data-driven mentality.
- Track record of good business judgment with maturity, diplomacy, and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Results orientation with a strong work ethic. Must be tenacious, with the emotional intelligence to know when to push harder and when to look for alternative approaches
- A strong multi-tasker with the ability to prioritize work based on business and operational needs
- People describe you as: creative, passionate, a leader, and a strong communicator