Perch is transforming the way people buy and sell their homes. Simplifying it all, to the way it should have always been; fair and true to market, straightforward, easy. Every year in the U.S., $1.5 trillion of single family residences transact, generating over $120 billion of fees in a process that has changed little in decades. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety and is filled with uncertainty and hassle. Perch offers a modern alternative, making one of life's biggest decisions -- the sale and purchase of a home –so stress free, fair and simple that people cannot imagine any other way.
Perch is headquartered in New York City and has 85 employees in New York and Texas. We have raised $250 million in financing from top tier investors including: Firstmark, Accomplice and Juxtapose.
The Escrow Assistant will be located in Frisco, TX and is responsible for key functions to deliver a successful closing experience. This role will report to the Director of Title Operations.
A great candidate for this position is extremely detail oriented and has the ability to juggle multiple tasks with competing deadlines. From post-contract to close, you will be on the front lines of customer engagement where you’ll use strong problem-solving and process execution to drive outcomes. You are able to learn and adhere to new processes quickly and also stay on top of modifications as the business evolves.
This is a hands-on role at an early-stage company. You are someone who is comfortable with change, welcomes innovation, and is always willing to roll up your sleeves on any task big or small to help deliver an incredible home buying and selling experience for our customers. You work with a sense of urgency at all times and believe in consistently doing what’s right for the customer.
This is a full-time, salaried role. We will also introduce a performance-based bonus package in 2019, which will apply to all employees.
- Assist with pre-close and post-close document preparation and tasks in support of the Escrow and Closing teams:
- Coordinate the collection of key documents and information from customers and external providers
- Review contracts, commitments, and orders to ensure all information is correct in preparation for the closing
- Assemble all necessary documents to prepare files and closing packages
- Manage data and document storage: transmit, scan, and file into appropriate systems
- Liaise with external partners (e.g., notaries, surveyors, HOAs) and coordinate activities critical for closing
- Work closely with the funding team to send accurate funds to correct recipients and lenders within established deadlines
- Clearly communicate and collaborate with cross-department contacts in Customer Experience / Sales, Contract Operations, and Funding to stay aligned on progress and status of active transactions; proactively work with teams across Perch to resolve issues in the Title process to avoid delays
- Connect with clients to provide weekly updates on the progress of their transactions and set proper expectations
- High School diploma or equivalent is required; a Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- 1-2 yrs of administrative experience is required
- Experience in the real estate industry is preferred (title/escrow/real estate/property management)
- Microsoft Suite and Google Doc proficient
- Confident working with technologies and speciality software (e.g. ResWare)
Who You Are
- Team player, who subscribes to the concept of “Team Before Self” and always willing to pitch in for the good of the team
- Finds satisfaction in mastering complex processes and contributing with the understanding of his/her role within a larger series of processes
- Organized and exceptionally detail-oriented
- Appreciates the importance of thinking about the customer's experience and following through on important responsibilities to ensure the best outcomes for our customers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills