Perch is transforming the way people buy and sell their homes. Simplifying it all, to the way it should have always been; fair and true to market, straightforward, easy.
Every year in the U.S., $1.5 trillion of single family residences transact, generating over $120 billion of fees in a process that has changed little in decades. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety and is filled with uncertainty and hassle.
Perch offers a modern alternative, making one of life's biggest decisions -- the sale and purchase of a home –so stress free, fair and simple that people cannot imagine any other way.
Perch is headquartered in New York City and has 85 employees in New York and Texas. We have raised $250 million in financing from top tier investors including: Firstmark, Accomplice and Juxtapose.
Perch has developed a home selling experience that brings control and convenience to homeowners. By harnessing the power of data science, technology, and human-centered design, we’ve developed a seller experience that delivers a market price offer for your home in 24 hours with the ability to close at a time of your choosing. No home showings, no repairs to do, no contingent offers, no fear of the offer falling through before closing. It’s the way a home sale always should have worked. For home buyers, we’re pioneering a new category of homes: Certified Pre-Owned. We renovate the homes we purchase to make them move-in ready and offer a warranty. Buyers can close in a matter of days all online – no paperwork.
The Role & Responsibilities
The Acquisition Manager will be a critical member of the Perch team, located in Dallas, Texas. Acquisition Managers at Perch report to the local General Manager and have responsibility for home acquisition, due diligence, renovation cost estimation, and eventual disposition.
As the Acquisition Manager, you will:
- Contribute to Perch's home acquisition and disposition process throughout the greater Dallas, Texas metro area.
- Be responsible for (among other things): evaluating and underwriting prospective homes for purchase; scoping and inspecting all repairs and investments made to homes we purchase; helping set asset-level pricing and sales decisions.
- Collaborate with Perch's underwriting/investments team, data science team, field operations team, seller experience team, and listing operations team.
- Support the Listing Operations and Perch Realty teams during the resale process when Perch sells homes to their next owner.
- Partner with the local market General Manager to ensure all KPI targets are met. You will monitor both asset-level and market-level KPIs/metrics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis and develop initiatives to optimize them.
- Be a champion for Dallas, Texas within Perch – and a champion for Perch throughout Dallas, Texas.
- At least 5+ years prior experience in single family residential real estate (e.g. experience with single family residential investing/operations, homebuilding, or brokerage).
- Experience with real estate investment analysis and comparative market analysis research; and/or,
- Experience with estimating and/or managing residential renovations projects.
- Proven track record of success in goal achievement.
- Experience using software to manage operations.
- Deep knowledge of local market – you have lived in Dallas, Texas for 2+ years.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Highly effective at building collaborative relationships across our entire organization.
- Possesses customer empathy with a mindset of finding ways to balance delivering a superior customer experience and a successful operational and financial outcome for our business.
- An entrepreneur who sees ambiguity as opportunity, and obstacles as chances to build new solutions.
- High energy and action-oriented with a history of getting things done in complex, fast moving environments. Successful in scrappy and entrepreneurial environments, with a drive to get things done.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail with a data-driven mentality.
- Track record of good business judgment with maturity, diplomacy, and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Results orientation with a strong work ethic. Must be tenacious, with the emotional intelligence to know when to push harder and when to look for alternative approaches. Solutions-focused mindset.
- A strong multi-tasker with the ability to prioritize work based on business and operational needs. Ability to manage time effectively.
- People describe you as: Passionate, a leader, a strong communicator, and someone that “gets things done.”