Perch is transforming the way people buy and sell their homes. Simplifying it all, to the way it probably should have always been; fair and true to market, straightforward, easy. Perch helps customers sell their home on their schedule without the hassles, at market price. Perch enables home buyers to choose from an inventory of certified pre-owned houses, making it easy to discover and close on a move-in ready, quality home.
Every year in the U.S., $1.8 trillion of single family residences transact, generating $70+ billion of brokers fees in a process that has changed little in decades. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety and is filled with uncertainty and hassle. Perch offers a modern alternative, making one of life's biggest decisions -- the sale and purchase of a home -- less intimidating.
Perch has 100+ employees and is headquartered in New York. We are backed by top investors including FirstMark, Accomplice, and Juxtapose.
Role and Responsibilities
Perch is seeking a Licensed Professional Home Inspector to join our team in Austin. This is an opportunity to be part of a company that is changing residential real estate to be more customer-friendly. The right candidate will be expert in home inspection with a friendly demeanor with clients. This role is based in Austin.
Perch makes the home sale process easy for home owners by enabling them to request an offer on our website for Perch to purchase their home directly. Perch lets them skip the hassle of home showings, repairs, and months of uncertainty. Once Perch buys their house we prepare it for an eventual home buyer getting it into move-in ready condition. Then we list it for sale. Perch homes are vacant and move-in ready making it easy for buyers to purchase and move in on their timeline.
As a Perch Home Inspector, you will play a key role in our home acquisitions by inspecting each house we consider purchasing, checking both fundamentals (foundation, utilities, roof) and cosmetic issues (condition of interior flooring, paint). We will base our decisions to purchase and scopes of work largely based on your work.
In this role you will:
* Inspect every home we consider purchasing
* Writing up an inspection report for each home along with a soft scope of work required to address issues
* Represent Perch as cordial and professional when walking potential clients’ homes, showing up at the scheduled time
This is a hands-on role at an early-stage company. The ideal candidate is someone who is comfortable in ambiguity and willing to roll up their sleeves on any task big or small in order for us to help deliver an incredible home buying and selling experience for our customers. You are someone that works with a sense of urgency at all times.
This is a full-time, salaried position.
- Active Professional Inspector’s License in Texas (standard + WDO)
- Driver’s license and car with good driving record
- Available to work some evenings and weekend
- Must be able to work in various weather conditions, climb ladders, walk on roofs, access crawl space, enter attics, etc
Who You Are
- Expert knowledge in home inspections
- Personable with a customer-first mentality
- Highly organized
- Scrappy: able to come up with a solution that gets the job done today
- Strong drive for results
- Excels in ambiguity
- Strong process orientation
- Excels at cross-functional teamwork & communication