Perch is transforming the way people buy and sell their homes. Simplifying it all, to the way it should have always been; fair and true to market, straightforward, easy.
Every year in the U.S., $1.5 trillion of single family residences transact, generating over $120 billion of fees in a process that has changed little in decades. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety and is filled with uncertainty and hassle.
Perch offers a modern alternative, making one of life's biggest decisions -- the sale and purchase of a home –so stress free, fair and simple that people cannot imagine any other way.
Perch is headquartered in New York City and has 85 employees in New York and Texas. We have raised $250 million in financing from top tier investors including: Firstmark, Accomplice and Juxtapose.
The Role & Responsibilities
The Director of Product will will play a key role in helping Perch bring the home buying & selling experience into the modern era. You will work on products that empower our customers to work with Perch as a “one stop shop” for all their home buying & selling needs. This includes the core home buying experience as well as ancillary services like title, mortgage, and insurance. You will define the product strategy, develop the roadmap, and drive relentless execution.
The products you oversee in this role will, in many cases, be the first to exist at Perch and in the industry. When you join, these products will include the Perch customer dashboard, as well as our Title and Mortgage products. You will collaborate with best-in-class designers, engineers, marketers, and real estate specialists to define and bring these products to market.
Note: This is an individual contributor role with a high degree of ownership and responsibility, and reports to the Head of Consumer Product.
The Director of Product will:
- Conduct research with current and potential customers on a regular basis to understand their pain points and get feedback on prototypes to solve for them
- Integrate real estate services such as title management, mortgage procurement, and future services seamlessly into Perch’s cusomer offering. This includes the backend work to enable teams to deliver this service as well as the frontend experience for the customer.
- Lead the product development process, from evangelizing the roadmap to creating detailed product requirements and managing prioritization.
- Collaborate with engineering leadership and a Scrum team of developers to execute on product vision
- Define, track, and report product KPIs that drive product decisions and measure success.
- 4+ years experience in product management
- A track record of increasing responsibility in product management within consumer tech
- Demonstrated experience in full-cycle product development: conducting customer research, identifying consumer needs, prototyping concepts, developing roadmap, and building MVP
- Strong analytical capabilities, experience defining metrics and using them to drive decision making
- Willingness to travel ~1 week per 6-8 weeks to meet with consumers and business partners
- Start-up experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree
- Highly effective at building collaborative relationships across our entire organization.
- An entrepreneur who sees ambiguity as opportunity, and obstacles as chances to build new solutions.
- Highly empathetic with a constant drive to deliver the best possible customer experience
- Appreciates that process serves people, not the other way around.
- Track record of good business judgment with maturity, diplomacy, and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Low ego and focuses on outcomes for customers and driving the business forward
- Successful in scrappy and entrepreneurial environments, with a drive to get things done.
- Superior analytical skills and attention to detail with good business judgment and maturity, diplomacy, and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Results orientation with a strong work ethic. Must be driven, with the emotional intelligence to know when to push harder and when to look for alternative approaches.