Perch is transforming the way people buy and sell their homes. Simplifying it all, to the way it should have always been; fair and true to market, straightforward, easy.
Every year in the U.S., $1.5 trillion of single family residences transact, generating over $120 billion of fees in a process that has changed little in decades. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety and is filled with uncertainty and hassle.
Perch offers a modern alternative, making one of life's biggest decisions -- the sale and purchase of a home –so stress free, fair and simple that people cannot imagine any other way.
Perch is headquartered in New York City and has 100+ employees in New York and Texas. We have raised $250+ million in financing from top tier investors including: Firstmark, Accomplice and Juxtapose.
This is an amazing and unique opportunity for a Loan Processor/Loan Officer Assistant to be part of a winning and growing team. Given the explosive growth, this role offers a future career growth opportunity to either a Home Loan Advisor, Senior Processor, or Team lead managing more complex processes as well as a small support staff.
The Home Loan Processor will report directly to the Director of Mortgage Operations with a direct role supporting Home Loan Advisors, and will be responsible for gathering and processing all loan documentation and ensure compliance with policy, regulatory, and loan terms on a lender-by-lender basis.
- Assist the Loan Advisor in communicating with customers and delivering an exceptional experience
- Work with clients regarding loan application and associated processes; including scheduling 1-on-1 virtual appointments
- Communicate effectively with Home Loan Advisors and other staff as needed to obtain information to complete files
- If NLMS licensed: Make outbound calls and assist Loan Advisor in completing and processing loan applications
- Ensure adherence to policies, guidelines, and procedures as well as compliance regulations (HMDA, TILA, RESPA, HOEPA, FCRA, and ECOA)
- Review each loan file to verify that documents are accurate and complete before submitting to each lender for submission. Serve as primary processor on all loans and reconcile loan files with each lender’s unique guidelines
- Calculate income, assets and liabilities per lender requirements
- Gather required documentation from customers and third parties
- Manage loan process through our Point-of-Sale System
- Ensure that loan rules, obligations, and deadlines are met
- Audit and prepare quality files that meet closing objectives
- Act as Borrower’s secondary point of contact throughout the entire mortgage process; answer questions from Borrowers (e.g., questions about CD)
- Update POS and/or Lender’s LOS with the information from collected documents as required
- Clear manual conditions, cure title issues, resolve appraisal discrepancies with appraisal review group as needed
- Clear any prior-to-fund (PTF) conditions that arise after final UW approval before passing loan to Closing
- Manage and cure any QC loan issues that require borrower communication
- Manage pipeline of at least 50+ loans per month
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Previous 2+ years’ experience with mortgage loan processing required
- Can substitute degree/years of experience for direct experience as a Home Loan Advisor or Underwriter
- Familiar with TPO/Broker processing model
- Proficient with DU/DO and LPA
- Analytical with good attention to detail
- Good judgment and the ability to work independently
- Familiar with FHA, VA, USDA and conventional products
- Ability to multitask, work well under time constraints and within deadlines
- Strong math, writing, and communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel or Google equivalent
- Excellent time management; ability to work in fast-paced environment
- G-Suite/Shared Drives/Encrypted file management/communication
- DU/DO/LPA experience required
- FHA Connection/VA Portal helpful
- CRM experience required
- POS experience required
- LOS experience helpful