Perch is transforming the way people buy and sell their homes. Simplifying it all, to the way it should have always been; fair and true to market, straightforward, easy. Every year in the U.S., $1.5 trillion of single family residences transact, generating over $120 billion of fees in a process that has changed little in decades. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety and is filled with uncertainty and hassle. Perch offers a modern alternative, making one of life's biggest decisions -- the sale and purchase of a home –so stress free, fair and simple that people cannot imagine any other way.
Perch is headquartered in New York City and has 85 employees in New York and Texas. We have raised $250 million in financing from top tier investors including: Firstmark, Accomplice and Juxtapose.
The Escrow Officer will be located in Austin, TX and is responsible for managing the closing process, ensuring proper recording of all documents, and delivering an exceptional experience for our customers. This role will report to the Director of Title Operations.
A great candidate for this position is a seasoned real estate professional with direct experience in coordinating real estate contracts, processing mortgage loan applications, or closing title and escrow transactions. You are used to working with high-stakes and time-sensitive deals where every detail and process is critical to the successful and timely completion of the transaction. You are a strong communicator - both internally and externally - and understand the importance of teamwork.
This is a hands-on role at an early-stage company. You are someone who is comfortable with change, welcomes innovation, and is always willing to roll up your sleeves on any task big or small to help deliver an incredible home buying and selling experience for our customers. You work with a sense of urgency at all times and believe in consistently doing what’s right for the customer.
This is a full-time, salaried role. We will also introduce a performance-based bonus package in 2019, which will apply to all employees.
- Maintains compliance with Perch Title of Texas policies and procedures in accordance with governing laws, regulations, regulatory agencies and company standards
- Follow standardized procedures to complete escrow transactions in an accurate and timely manner by determining requirements, clearing titles, creating and processing closing documents, and disbursing funds
- Obtain clear title by ordering title reports, resolving title defects, satisfying existing liens and encumbrances against property or principals
- Prepare closing disclosures, escrow agreements and all other settlement documents according to lender and/or buyer/seller instructions
- Audit all files for accuracy, completion, and compliance to prevent potential claims
- Coordinate closings via e-notary or mobile notary services
- Provide correct lender closing instructions and oversee the receipt and proper disbursement of funds
- Ensure all outstanding checks and escrowed funds are properly managed
- Satisfy any post-closing activities that may be required
- Clearly communicate and collaborate with cross-department contacts in Customer Experience / Sales, Contract Operations, and Funding to promptly troubleshoot and resolve any issues in the Title process to avoid delays
- Establish and maintain positive internal and external customer relationships by providing exceptional customer service and professional communication to clients, realtors, lenders, and mortgage brokers
- 3+ yrs of real estate experience in any combination of the following: loan closing and funding operations, contract coordination, title and escrow
- 2+ years of experience as an Escrow Officer or Processor is preferred
- Working knowledge of TX state-level escrow rules and regulations enforced by Texas Dept of Insurance
- Microsoft Suite and Google Doc proficient
- Confident working with technologies and speciality software (e.g. ResWare)
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- High School diploma or equivalent is required; a Bachelor’s degree is preferred
Who You Are
- Team player, who subscribes to the concept of “Team Before Self” and always willing to pitch in for the good of the team
- Finds satisfaction in mastering complex processes and contributing with the understanding of his/her role within a larger series of processes
- Organized and exceptionally detail-oriented
- Excellent communication and customer service skills