Perch is transforming the way people buy and sell their homes. Simplifying it all, to the way it probably should have always been; fair and true to market, straightforward, easy. Perch helps customers sell their home on their schedule without the hassles, at market price. Perch enables home buyers to choose from an inventory of certified pre-owned houses, making it easy to discover and close on a move-in ready, quality home.
Every year in the U.S., $1.3 trillion of single family residences transact, generating $70 billion of brokers fees in a process that has changed little in decades. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety and is filled with uncertainty and hassle. Perch offers a modern alternative, making one of life's biggest decisions -- the sale and purchase of a home -- less intimidating.
Perch has 100 employees and is headquartered in New York with offices in Texas. We are backed by top investors including FirstMark, Accomplice, and Juxtapose.
Role and Responsibilities
Perch makes the home sale process easy for home owners by enabling them to request an offer on our website for Perch to purchase their home directly. Alternatively, Perch can help you buy and sell by combining a guaranteed home sale with the ability to get top dollar from the market. This enables a homeowner to shop for homes without worrying about selling.
As Senior Inside Sales Manager, you and your team will be responsible for new client acquisition for all services and overall customer satisfaction and success. You will coach the team on relationship development and become an expert in Perch’s unique approach to making buying and selling a home easy and stress free.
The Senior Sales Manager demands a unique combination of creativity, drive, and team management skills. You will leverage your past experience by setting targets, then building and coaching your team to exceed those targets. This leader must be a strategic thinker, solution oriented, and optimistic. You must be willing to roll up your sleeves and lead your team from the front.
In this role you will:
- Build and manage a successful inbound and outbound inside sales team responsible for hitting acquisition targets and delivering an excellent customer experience.
- Develop a high performing sales culture responsible for owning the sales process from end-to-end.
- Create a repeatable and scaled sales program responsible for exceeding key targets and milestones.
- Work with cross functional teams and leadership in an effort to drive drive production and overall customer experience.
- Clearly communicate metrics, kpis, and progress on a regular cadence to key stakeholders.
- Collaborate closely with sales operations to influence strategy, analyze results, identify areas of opportunity, and improve systems.
- Communicate diligently with rest of Perch team to ensure the highest level of service to all customers clients from initial contact through contract to close.
This is a hands-on role at an early-stage company. The ideal candidate is someone who is comfortable in ambiguity and willing to roll up their sleeves on any task big or small in order for us to help deliver an incredible home buying and selling experience for our customers. You are a leader that works with a sense of urgency at all times. If that sounds like something you’re excited about, we want to hear from you.
- A minimum of 5 years working in sales leadership roles working with cross-functioning teams including marketing, product, and operations.
- Experience building new sales team and creating/applying sales tools and strategies.
- Exceptional business judgement and critical thinking skills with the ability to use data to quickly establish high value priorities and strategy to pursue them.
- Desire to take initiative; lean in with your team; thrive on change and comfortable with ambiguity.
- A owners mentality, taking on whatever work is needed for you and your team to thrive.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams to drive change and move the business forward.
- Results orientated with a strong work ethic. Must be driven, with the emotional intelligence to know when to push harder and when to look for alternative approaches.
- Track record of success in quota driven roles.
- Superior analytical skills and attention to detail with good business judgment and maturity, diplomacy, and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize work based on business and operational needs.
- Low ego, with ability to take feedback and iterate quickly