Perch is transforming the way people buy and sell their homes. Simplifying it all, to the way it should have always been; fair and true to market, straightforward, easy.
Every year in the U.S., $1.5 trillion of single family residences transact, generating over $120 billion of fees in a process that has changed little in decades. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety and is filled with uncertainty and hassle.
Perch offers a modern alternative, making one of life's biggest decisions -- the sale and purchase of a home –so stress free, fair and simple that people cannot imagine any other way.
Perch is headquartered in New York City and has 100+ employees in New York and Texas. We have raised $250 million in financing from top tier investors including: Firstmark, Accomplice and Juxtapose.
Perch has developed a home buying and selling experience that brings control and convenience to customers. By harnessing the power of data science, technology, and human-centered design, we’ve developed a seller experience that delivers a market price offer for your home in 24 hours with the ability to close at a time of your choosing. No home showings, no repairs to do, no contingent offers, and no fear of the offer falling through before closing. It’s the way a home sale always should have worked. For home buyers, we’re pioneering a new way of shopping by removing financing contingencies and simplifying the whole experience from home discovery through mortgage approval to close.
Role and Responsibilities
This is an opportunity to join the growing product and engineering team in our venture-funded business focused on making the home selling experience easier for our customers. If you want to play a key role in scaling a new, innovative business this is the right role for you.
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience with 2+ years experience building and managing teams who are creating, updating and maintaining web applications and/or services.
In this role you will:
- Play an active role in hiring and developing our engineering team.
- Work with business stakeholders to design and architect solutions to our business problems.
- Build and continuously deploy both internal tools and consumer facing products.
- Help to craft and iterate on our technology infrastructure to enable the growth and scale the business needs to succeed.
- Maintain continuously tested, scalable, and applications and services. As well as a well written, clean, testable code base which allows for moving quickly while delivering quality.
- Demonstrated ability to attract, identify, manage, mentor, and grow top engineering talent.
- Working knowledge of building web applications using single page technologies and service oriented architecture.
- Familiarity with any of AWS, Postgres, SQL, Airflow, Docker, CircleCI, or Karma is a plus.
- Experience leading an agile team to plan, prioritize, build, and deploy code regularly using CI/CD tools.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves
- Strong problem solving skills
- Real estate domain experience is a plus
- 5+ years experience in software engineering, at least 2 of them managing teams
- BS or MS in Computer Science
- Results orientation with a high motor and an incredible attention to detail; able to drive projects from planning to completion with limited oversight
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills to work across diverse stakeholders and cross-functional teams
- A low ego and can-do attitude; willingness to admit mistakes and work to remedy them
- Flexibility to prioritize deliverables and re-prioritize them at a moment’s notice
- Comfort operating in an ambiguous environment where there's not a set playbook on how to solve each problem