This posting is for an India-based engineer, you would work alongside our India-based team in Mumbai. We are not looking for part-time contractors, so please only apply if you're looking for a full-time position.
What does a Full-Stack Software Engineer do at PeopleGrove?
PeopleGrove has built a dynamic cloud-based software platform for universities, companies, and nonprofits to power mentoring and networking initiatives. As a full-stack engineer, you'll become an integral member of a small team of engineers (12 right now, based in SF and Mumbai), working throughout the product and stack to build new features, improve the product, and build out our technical ops.
Projects you'll be working on:
We're focused on enhancing our product for our clients and their users, as well as streamlining operations and improving our technical foundation.
- Working with the product team to develop new features focused on improving the user experience
- Improving existing features and working on streamlining client implementations through improved tools
- Improving our technical architecture and building out a continuous integration pipeline
- Modernizing our front-end in new frameworks (currently on Angular 1.x and migrating things to React.js)
- Everything else - our team is small and you'll likely be involved in almost every tech related thing going on
- 1+ years of experience building consumer-facing web apps
- You are interested in the full-stack opportunity and love building a feature from start to finish
- Self starter with deep interest in tech - we want someone who will come in with opinions, and shape our engineering practices and decisions for the better
- An eye for design - you'll have an important role in making the product look great
- Believe in our mission and love the idea of working in education to help students succeed
Technologies you'll work with:
- NodeJS, Sails.JS
- React.js, Angular.js
- Heroku AWS, Postgres, Redis, RabbitMQ
- Whatever else you decide - we're constantly re-evaluating our stack and tools
Having a prior experience with the technologies is a plus, but not mandatory for skilled candidates.
- Competitive Salary
- Friendly atmosphere, flat hierarchy
- Annual company retreats to awesome places
- Flexible paid vacation policy
- At PeopleGrove, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. PeopleGrove is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.