Consider a career in this ground-breaking start up which aims to be the hub of some of the newest innovations happening in the beauty industry. Based in Toronto, this company has a clear vision to deliver quality: from the products created to the contributions made to their employees and end clients.
This is an ideal job for someone who is looking to take risks, stretch their thinking and believes in the power of the creative. If you are driven, harmony and beauty-centric and a true “whatever-it-takes” kind of person, this company may be the right place for you. Our client is combining an entrepreneurial spirit with industry expertise to make waves in the industry in Canada in both bricks and mortar and ecommerce channels.
(overall functional purpose of the role)
* Translate the company vision and make it a reality
* Support the CEO to develop and implement the strategic plan to define, develop, launch and manage all aspects of the business: resources, products and services, partners, key customer accounts to ensure sustained growth of the company
* Develop, implement and manage all daily operations/processes, leveraging existing assets where possible
* Develop forecasts, budgets and KPIs, manage all financial aspects of operations function
* Roll up sleeves and dig in to daily operational needs as required for growing a start up company
* Manage Employees. Recruit, interview, and train employees to work in stores. ...
* Analyze Sales Reports and Strategies.
* Monitor Staff Operations.
* Manage Inventory
* Open and Close Stores
* Communicate with Sales Department.
(expected results of this role)
* Ensure successful running of Operations
* Efficient Product and service execution
* Profitability of day to day operations
(success factors to monitor performance)
* Employee satisfaction
* Customer Satisfaction
* Financial results
(tasks and activities of the job)
* Ensuring financial targets and other agreed targets are met in all departments
* Reviewing working practices to ascertain if it is successful and if not, devise an alternative
* Making sure safety regulations are followed
* Keeping employees motivated and organising appropriate training
* Ensuring the business operates within the company’s mission statement
* Investigating customer satisfaction and reporting any issues
* Working with department heads and senior management to get the best performance from staff
* Driving the business to increase profits
* Working with legal departments on any matters that occur
* Reviewing and approving equipment needs
* College or University degree an asset (Business, Finance, Hospitality Management, etc)
* 10+ years experience in B2B, retail/consumer focused operations
* Minimum 3 years in a senior role in B2B company, with background in CPG (beauty/wellness an asset)
* Brand, finance and operations experience
* The ideal mix of experience is with some time spent at a large company along with start-up/small/mid size company experience.
* Can-do attitude and willingness to do everything
* Organized and able to juggle multiple projects, deadlines
* Strong communications (excellent English required)