DevOps Engineer _ NYC Onsite
We are seeking experienced, results-driven, and passionate engineers to join our small on-site project team. Our ideal candidate is a self-starter and has excellent communication skills. Our collaborative environment relies heavily on innovation, technical savvy, and problem-solving skills.
This is an on-site position in the Tribeca Neighborhood in Lower Manhattan, NY.
As our newest DevOps Engineer, you’ll be a major contributor to the company’s success. You’ll work with teams across the organization to build and maintain monitor-able, performant, reliable and highly-scalable software systems. Your technical contributions will help protect dozens of brands, facilitate continuous delivery, support our SLA for high-traffic websites and mobile applications in the credit score and reporting industry.
• Evangelize best practices for building and operating highly reliable systems
• Consult in system design to meet reliability and capacity requirements
• Support application deployments, building new systems and upgrading and patching existing ones through DevOps methodologies
• Automate infrastructure and configuration management
• Conduct timely post-mortems of production infrastructure incidents
• Assist with all aspects of operational security and PCI compliance
• Seek out potential threats to security and reliability and advocate solutions
• Passion for reliable, scalable, observable software with strong sense of ownership
• 7+ years experience developing and monitoring mission-critical systems
• Hands on experience with Docker and docker-compose
• Proficiency working with and understanding a containerized development workflow
• Strong background in Linux/UNIX administration (e.g. RedHat/CentOS 7/Alpine Linux)
• Experience with configuration management tools like Ansible
• Experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools like Packer and Terraform
• Experience in deploying large scale Docker based environments with OpenShift or Kubernetes, or similar product
• Experience with languages like Bash, Python, or Node.js
• Experience implementing Application clustering / load balancing concepts and technologies
• Experience using devops tooling/modules with VMware vSphere’s API
• Proficiency administering a CI/CD pipeline (we use Gitlab)
• Proficiency with networking fundamentals, diagnostic, troubleshooting, etc
• Proficient in using command line tools to quickly triage and fix production issues
• Understanding of protocols/technologies like HTTP, SSL, LDAP, SQL, HTML, XML
Nice to have:
• Experience implementing CI/CD Blue/Green Deployments using Gitlab CI/CD
• You're a wizard with Terraform
• Project Atomic (Red Hat and Fedora atomic host)
• Build and maintain data stores with PostgreSQL
• Implement Keepalived / Linux HA in a scalable environment
• In-depth knowledge of distributed computing and data systems, multi-region presence, high traffic websites.
• In-depth knowledge of immutable infrastructure, compostable infrastructure, and/or serverless computing.
Anyone in the US legally authorized to work in the US may apply.
What to include when applying:
Cover letter & Resume