We are Pensa, the Brooklyn creative force behind the D.I.Wire, Street Charge, the Merge urban bicycle and the OneBlade razor. We are looking for engineering students or recent grads to join our team this Spring for an engineering internship or co-op.
Pensa is known for its ability to create beautiful functionality. Our engineers are inventors that know how to connect solutions with user needs. Pensa’s engineers love design and help our clients solve their hardest product challenges. They have a passion for creating compelling new technologies, developing them for production and lining up strategic manufacturing plans. If you have world-class talent, a passion for product design and invention, and a desire to work on a wide range of products in a fun, creative and collaborative design studio, we’d like to meet you.
As an engineering intern or co-op, you will:
- Learn about real-world application of engineering practices and concepts through hands-on participation in both internal and client-based projects, and through the mentorship of our senior staff
- Collaborate in qualitative fieldwork, brainstorming and ideation sessions
- Perform 3D CAD of parts and assemblies (SolidWorks)
- Build prototypes and mockups of your concepts (rapid prototyping and/or traditional fabrication)
- Plan, execute, and report engineering tests
- Collaborate on design reviews and decision making, and engage in highly technical engineering discussions
- Have ownership of your projects
To be an engineering intern or co-op, we require that you:
- Are a student pursuing an engineering degree, or are a recent grad
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have a hands-on approach and are comfortable prototyping and working in a workshop
- Have a basic understanding of materials, mechanisms and manufacturing processes
- Demonstrate proficiency with 3D CAD software (Solidworks preferred)
- Thrive while working under minimum supervision in a fast-paced environment
- Quickly adapt and react to changes of direction in your projects
- Are well organized, self-motivated and have a great attention to detail
- Are able to articulate and demonstrate your thought process and rationales behind your decisions
- Are excited to work and collaborate in a multidisciplinary team
- Are curious to learn new skills
- Are excited to deliver the next great product experience to the world
We design our internships to be a learning experience for you, teaching you to deliver high quality work in a collaborative way. Therefore, to ensure the best experience for both you and our team, we only offer full-time internships. All interns are paid.
Thank you, we are looking forward to hearing from you!